PDA

View Full Version : Problem building Matter Transmitter on Zabada

WhiteLion
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Pretty much as title says.

I can't build one and I have more than enough resources and unit space available.

lordxorn
10-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I think it is an issue with build orders in general. I am trying to build a Cruiser and it says I don't have the required resources. However, I have 1mu Co which is more than enough to build more cruisers.

Also the build screen sometimes stops responding when trying to que up say 8 destroyers, I can't tap on more destroyers. I have to back out to the system screen and go back to the build screen to fix it.

zarkwizard
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Hmm.. This may be a client issue.

The client will do validation on items. My guess is the client thinks you need more resources than you actually do.

WhiteLion
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Great, I can build two Jumpgates, but I can't build a matter transmitter.

The error I get says something about requiring more Orbital space or something.

I can't reproduce it right now because I used my CO for some ships.

WhiteLion
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Lordxorn,

I've run into that issue many times. It's a large annoyance. I found it happened most frequently when I tapped quickly. I found if I slowed down cueing it would go through without problems.

zarkwizard
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I'll talk with Tsagoth and see about pushing resources to everyone so building won't be an issue.

Tsagoth
10-25-2012, 01:05 AM
I looked this up. You can't build the MT because it's Trader only and everybody is a Warlord on Zabada.

WhiteLion
10-25-2012, 11:54 AM
It should be taken out of the menu for warlords and scientists otherwise it could lead to a lot of people being confused. :p

Tsagoth
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
It seems it's a mistake. I'll be taking the Trader requirement out.

Tsagoth
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I have removed the Trader requirement for the MT. Anyone should be able to build it now, on Zabada.

Tsagoth
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Great, I can build two Jumpgates, but I can't build a matter transmitter.

The error I get says something about requiring more Orbital space or something.

I can't reproduce it right now because I used my CO for some ships.

Did you manage to build one ?

WhiteLion
11-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah I built two. You need two to use them. It seemed to work across the galaxy.

However I realized it was more or less redundant. For a fraction of the cost I'd simply build transporters and transport fleets to the area of choice.

Unless it's a way to save resources when a planet gets attacked, any planet with a resource transmitter instantly sends all resources to a friendly planet. The conquered planet starts with zero. This would be an effective tactic for a trader whose massed lots of resources in one sector and sending it to another to be saved.

zarkwizard
11-14-2012, 12:48 AM
However I realized it was more or less redundant. For a fraction of the cost I'd simply build transporters and transport fleets to the area of choice.

Unless it's a way to save resources when a planet gets attacked, any planet with a resource transmitter instantly sends all resources to a friendly planet. The conquered planet starts with zero. This would be an effective tactic for a trader whose massed lots of resources in one sector and sending it to another to be saved.

Basically that.. It shares resources between your planets. If you take over a new planet you will need a transmitter if you want to share resources. The other thing it does is since it pools all the resources from the planets you don't require ships to transport ore, which in turn frees up objects to be used as war ships, or defense.