PDA

View Full Version : Some UI / UX issues

adam__moore
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey All!

Really enjoying the beta - I'll have to start with an Ob-MeToo - really great work, guys! Also Ob-Apology - sorry if any of these have been covered elsewhere and I've missed them - it's great to have a community of testers giving helpful feedback!

I'm really loving the artwork and feel of the game so I thought I'd raise a couple of issues that are teeny tiny wrinkles:

Sunlight - I had the very good fortune of having 5 minutes all to myself out in the sunshine at the weekend - thought I'd do a little more probe mapping - couldn't see a thing - the gorgeous, subtle, shaded interface that works so well for the (let's be honest) most common environment we geeks live in, artificial light, just was overwhelmed by sunlight - more so than any of the other casual games I was also catching up with. I'm guessing being outside in nice weather isn't high on the use case scenario list, but thought it might be useful to note!

War popup - pretty much everything else in the game has LeeDot's beautiful UI - WAR is declared in a standard Popup - maybe this is part of the wider plan for system notifications but it seems really out of context game experience-wise

Intra-system ship movement animation - with moving stuff intra-system - from one planet to another the ship exit and the ship entrance animation can seem to be more or less in the same place or like it arrives at the end of the exit (disappear) animation - just a little jarring sometimes

Notification blitz on re-login - logging back in after a lot of build orders have been completed leads to a blitz of unreadable notification displays - 20 individual pop-across of 'fighter built' messages, immediately after each other, for example.

Hope that all makes sense - really enjoying figuring out the mechanics and thanks for letting me part part of the beta!

Adam