PDA

View Full Version : First hostile action

Tsagoth
04-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Looking through last night's logs, it appears that Gurion is the first player to attack another. He killed a ship of cplr and took the planet too.

Cheerio
04-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I thought this was me and automated somehow cause I just killed someones probe :(

adam__moore
04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Joys of the GMT timezone ;) While you were sleeping . . .

I was just trying to see what would happen if I attacked a small harvester, actually - the planet came for free ;)

Oh and - sorry cplr - a formal announcement would have been the proper form!

PS - loving the 'Trom warning' confirmation prompts - can we keep them, please? ;)

adam__moore
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Hmm - but now attacking a planet seems to kick me out and give me the 'missing login screen of eternal limbo' - maybe I'm trying to attack a homeworld?

adam__moore
04-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh - I put ships into a fleet to move them- attacking as a fleet did nada - had to disband the fleet in order to achieve anything

adam__moore
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM
OK - attacking a planet, rather than a ship, kicks me off every time now.

zarkwizard
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
OK - attacking a planet, rather than a ship, kicks me off every time now.

We'll look in to that. We know you can't attack people with fleets, it was disabled for the moment. We didn't want to bring all of combat up at once just so we could focus on certain test mechanics.

Unfleeting and attacking will use all your ships, and if you are attacking a player in orbit of their planet, you will end up attacking the planet as well. The planets will assist in combat.

Tsagoth
04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Hmm - but now attacking a planet seems to kick me out and give me the 'missing login screen of eternal limbo' - maybe I'm trying to attack a homeworld?

No, there is a known issue with attacking a planet directly. I'm busy investigating it on a dev server at the moment. I don't know what the disconnect problem is, that's a separate client bug.

Trom
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Quick questions. I attacked a player recently and I was not able to see the cinematic attack sequence that you had displayed a while back. How are we able to see that play out? Is it just shown when fleets attack? Is it disabled?

Tsagoth
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Quick questions. I attacked a player recently and I was not able to see the cinematic attack sequence that you had displayed a while back. How are we able to see that play out? Is it just shown when fleets attack? Is it disabled?

Yes, the animated combat display is currently disabled. I believe we don't yet have all the artwork in place for all the ship classes.

Spartanius
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
So will it take another server reset before we can attack planets directly? I have a cruiser/destroyer fleet that has been blockading someones home system for a while now with nothing to do

zarkwizard
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
So will it take another server reset before we can attack planets directly? I have a cruiser/destroyer fleet that has been blockading someones home system for a while now with nothing to do

Yes. Although I would expect there will be a new server update in the near furture, and I will probably send out a new client as well fixing the current bugs.

ravenzachary
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Yes. Although I would expect there will be a new server update in the near furture, and I will probably send out a new client as well fixing the current bugs.

Oh no! So much effort spent on this galaxy building up. It will be sad to lose it.

Cheerio
04-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Oh no! So much effort spent on this galaxy building up. It will be sad to lose it.

So, any chance of telling us if you think (doesn't mean your bound to it or anything!) that a game might last a week or two before a reset? Once most of the planned minor and major adjustments that have come up so far go into the client or something

ravenzachary
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
So, any chance of telling us if you think (doesn't mean your bound to it or anything!) that a game might last a week or two before a reset? Once most of the planned minor and major adjustments that have come up so far go into the client or something

I'm ok with the server blowing up, but I'd like to test more than just the initial build-out and to do that, we'll need a server is persistent for a few weeks at some point in the testing cycle.

Tsagoth
04-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Hopefully this is the last time. The dev server is reloading the universe, just working out some kinks to get all the harvs going again.