PDA

View Full Version : Harvesting clarification

adam__moore
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
OK, so just seeking some clarification here - my current understanding:

Harvesters go to a planet (the source), sit there sucking up resources until they're full, then drop off resources at their destination

Unclaimed planets cannot be harvested - you can send a harv there, it will just sit there - there are no resources accessible for it to access and they don't do the second half of their run until they're full

Planets you claim (via a *colony ship) can be harvested

Planets claimed by others can be harvested by you - they get a bonus from your harvesting but they could also attack and destroy your harvesters (the meanies!)

Questions:

Is there a set time for uploading / downloading - and is it by ship capcity or ship class - does a ship with four times the capacity take four times as long?
Does uploading and downloading take the same amount of time?
What is the nature of the bonus to the player you harvest from? A percentage of what you harvest? A set amount?

ksib
04-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes.

1. I am currently doing the math for the exact numbers for percentage but the Small Harvesters take less time going running its "loop" compared to the Harvester but I am still trying to figure out the exact numbers. It appears to be that way. (I had some of the numbers from last server, but now i need to start over)

2. yes

3. not sure

Tsagoth
04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Harvesters go to a planet (the source), sit there sucking up resources until they're full, then drop off resources at their destination

They don't wait until they are full. If they can load anything, then they will leave.

Unclaimed planets cannot be harvested - you can send a harv there, it will just sit there - there are no resources accessible for it to access and they don't do the second half of their run until they're full

Correct

Planets you claim (via a *colony ship) can be harvested

Correct

Planets claimed by others can be harvested by you - they get a bonus from your harvesting but they could also attack and destroy your harvesters (the meanies!)

No. You cannot harvest a planet owned by another player. The distinction is minor, but while trading and harvesting are performed the same way, you cannot use the Harvest command against another player's planet, you have trade with that other player.

Questions:

Is there a set time for uploading / downloading - and is it by ship capcity or ship class - does a ship with four times the capacity take four times as long?
Does uploading and downloading take the same amount of time?
What is the nature of the bonus to the player you harvest from? A percentage of what you harvest? A set amount?

1. The base time is 60 seconds to load or unload, regardless of ship size.
2. Yes.
3. Entirely skill dependent. Basically one class of skills gives you a bonus in the amount of resources you receive from the other player. A different class of skills allows that other player to cheat you out of what you get, either by reducing what you actually get, or by giving him a larger trade.

ksib
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
1. The base time is 60 seconds to load or unload, regardless of ship size.

Ah, I think I forgot to include the time it takes to warp in and out as well. Where the small harvester as well as harvester have different warp speed.

adam__moore
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I feel like I got about a B+ ;)

So, is it currently possible to create a trade agreement with another player?
What are/will be the mechanics?
Do we just set up source and destination with a (small) harvester or do we need to use a cargo ship?
Do we need a particular skill?

Tsagoth
04-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I feel like I got about a B+ ;)

So, is it currently possible to create a trade agreement with another player?
What are/will be the mechanics?
Do we just set up source and destination with a (small) harvester or do we need to use a cargo ship?
Do we need a particular skill?

Any ship with a cargo capacity can be used for trade. There is no prerequisite skill to begin trading with afaik. The others I don't know, Zark would have to answer, but I don't think trade is there yet. I'm focused on the servers, so I'm not usually up to date on what the client can do.