PDA

View Full Version : Is there any news on general release?

Andrew Outram
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I seemed to have missed the chance to play the beta!

ChickenHawk07
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes, I'd like to know the latest news or projections for the general release as well.

Hunter
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm also interested to know any information about the release. Still coming out this summer, will there be any more opportunities to get into the beta ect.?

Leedot
06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
General release will most likely be at the end of summer. We've been getting a lot of great feedback from the folks in beta and have been trying to make sure we address all the outstanding issues both in terms of performance and play balance before we release the game.

As for beta we will do one at least one more call for beta testers before launching the game but it will be after we're done addressing all the issues that have cropped up in the current round of testing. When we do make that call you'll see it'll be announced here on the forums and on our facebook and twitter pages.

Hunter
06-11-2011, 01:26 AM
When it does release are you guys still looking to do a monthly pricing structure? Any idea what the price/monthly fee will be?

Thanks for the feedback.

Spartanius
06-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I think they are still planning on doing $2/month

mikecartoons
06-12-2011, 03:31 PM
if you pay one month but dont the next does your account get reset or can u carry on from when u next pay:confused:

ChickenHawk07
06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
if you pay one month but dont the next does your account get reset or can u carry on from when u next pay:confused:

Great question. I'm also curious about this.

Spartanius
06-13-2011, 12:46 PM
You can carry on, but remember that your account does not "freeze". The game does not stop for you so if you skip a month of play when you come back all of your planets will have been conquered which will be the same as resetting

Leedot
06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
We are still planning on a flat $2 a month subscription to play Empire once it's released.

If a subscription lapses your Empire will still be there but the game doesn't stop so if you come back a month later chances are that particular session will have probably ended or other players may have taken your planets.

You will maintain your win/loss record and any other achievements that you've earned even if you come back after being gone for a while.