PDA

View Full Version : when is the full game released to public?

mikecartoons
08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
ive been reading these forums for ages and i was wondering if there is any news on the release of the full game to public

Spartanius
08-18-2011, 10:45 PM
At this point, if they release the next beta like this week, then it will probably be 1.5-2 months for an earliest release date. It took us about that long to get through most of the bugs last time, and now it looks like they have done a major redesign so it will take another full beta test to make sure all the quirks are worked now. It looks more likely that it will be released at the end of this beta though, they seem to finally know what they want and are more confident that it will be successful.

I know there is a company now creating a moo2 port to the ios that will probably be released late this year or early next year so they had better hurry up because moo2 multiplayer on ios will be HOT.

Leedot
08-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi Guys,

We'll release the game 'when it's ready' to use the old adage but we're pretty confident that this next round of beta should bring us much closer to launch so we'll most likely being going live in a couple months.

As Spartanius mentioned the game has undergone a pretty substantial redesign to address many of the issues that came up during the last beta cycle. Personally I'm really pleased that we've been able to take the time to really address the various concerns that came up instead of simply trying to slap on a band-aid and ship the game and I think the effort will really show in the end. While we definitely plan on continuing to expand the game after launch there are some changes that are so fundamental that we couldn't risk trying to add them in after launch.

Lastly I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for your continued support and enthusiasm even after the long delay we've had since our last beta release. While very dedicated we are ultimately a very small and entirely self funded team. Juggling day jobs / freelance work to pay the bills along with seeing our families while making sure we're still delivering a game that we can be proud of and that you will all love can be a tricky balancing act but your support certainly makes it easier.

Trom
08-21-2011, 11:57 PM
I am just glad to hear you are all still alive and well as this forum was a bit sluggish lately. Just keep on working at it and we will be here when the beta is ready.

adam__moore
08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Just keep on working at it and we will be here when the beta is ready.
Release it and we will come ;)

Spartanius
08-24-2011, 03:23 AM
release it and we will come ;)
^
this

-----------------

zarkwizard
08-29-2011, 03:20 PM
It's funny, we had a lot of discussions after the first beta about taking our time to make sure it was right as opposed to just pushing it out the door. While the game looked good, and played "ok" it very well could have probably been pushed out.

In all honesty there are so many games out there that feel "unfinished", and leave you with an empty feeling after you play it. Be it a multiplayer game, or even something you buy outright. We want to make sure that when we release you are playing with a finished game, and not something we'll be promising to "fix" after we release.

Sure there will be stuff we will add to the game, but it's not because it should have been there in the first place. On the flip side we are self funded, so we can afford to take the time required to make sure things are done right. Since we don't have any pressure from a publisher (although our wives feel like publishers sometimes. )

Hopefully you will all be as pleased as we are with this next version. We tried to put a lot of thought in to the feed back we received during the last set of testing, and we think this is closer to what people were looking for.

Thoth Amon
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Gotta get it right. I'm sure it will be worth the wait