PDA

View Full Version : noob - empire of the eclipse

nnnevvv
09-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry if I should address this comment elsewhere - I've started playing as of the latest beta release, and want to know if there's some sort of newbie guide or tutorial. Eg. I can't work out how to create a fleet, or how to move a ship, or if a ship needs to be in a fleet or if it can just be moved around on it's own.

I like the look of the interface - just need a few pointers to get started

Cheers

zarkwizard
09-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry if I should address this comment elsewhere - I've started playing as of the latest beta release, and want to know if there's some sort of newbie guide or tutorial. Eg. I can't work out how to create a fleet, or how to move a ship, or if a ship needs to be in a fleet or if it can just be moved around on it's own.

I like the look of the interface - just need a few pointers to get started

Cheers

On most screens if you hit the (?) at the top it gives you an overview of the screen, if you look at this post:
http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthread.php?98-Empire-of-the-Eclipse-Wiki-%28please-contribute%29

You will find a Wiki that has been started about the game. Although it will include information from the last beta, but I am sure it will be updated over time. There is a lot of new stuff in the current release.

Some basics:

To move a ship, click the ship stack, select a ship from the list and then click the Arrow. You will now enter navigation mode. You can now move around the various maps and then select a destination sector, or a specific planet. Once you are when you want the ship to go select the <check mark>. You will now be flying there.

For a fleet open the ship menu again, then select the <double ship> icon. This will create a ship and put it in the fleet position. Now you can select the new fleet by clicking it's fleet icon and it will take you to the fleet build menu, which will show you all the ships (single ships and counts) available to move in to the fleet. If you move all your ships out of a fleet the fleet will disband.

Hopefully this will get you moving in the right direction.

nnnevvv
09-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Cool, thanks. : )