PDA

View Full Version : Nergal Beta v2 09/10/11 Game

ravenzachary
09-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone. I thought I would start a new thread specifically about the new tutorial game, Nergal, for this beta 2 that started on 09/10/11.

Post in-game notes here (not bug reports, only info about this game itself - locations, alliances, battles, etc).

I'm in 3.3 (bottom center corner), playing as Roshi. It's a crowded galactic sector. I found two other players, so far, and am avoiding expanding toward the galactic center right now out of fear of aliens - no clue how powerful they are, so am preferring to stand clear.

Spartanius
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
There are no aliens. Zark and Leedot placed themselves in the center and said that to keep everyone away from them in fear.... jkin ;)

zarkwizard
09-11-2011, 05:43 PM
There are aliens out there.. You have been warned, and it's not us. They guard the artifacts.. oh wait.. what artifacts? Pretend I didn't say anything...

At any rate I think you need to be higher than tech level 4 to go through the center unmolested. There certainly won't be the uncovering the entire map in a few days.

3.3 eh? That's getting pretty close to the center. You could always fly a probe towards the milky center and find out what happens. I'm playing as VeriHm, and as ZarkWizard if I am testing something. For the most part you'll find me on as VeriHm. I have no special powers on that toon.

adam__moore
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey all! Playing as Gurion at a trade station near you soon ;) cheapest prices so come on down! Alien artefacts a specialty*

*no possession or knowledge about alien artefacts should be inferred from the above promotional message. All trading under strict caveat emptor conditions. Your experience of trading may differ from that described above.

roywall
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey all. Newb here. I'm playing as Elroy. Does it really take 8hrs to research remote harvesting?

Spartanius
09-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey all. Newb here. I'm playing as Elroy. Does it really take 8hrs to research remote harvesting?
Only if you are a researcher, it takes 12 hours for the rest of us. This game was designed to take 2 months to win and is set up so you have to specialize what you research because there isn't time to research every tech in 2 months.

Tsagoth
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
There is a section of the universe where, if you are not Tech Level 5 or higher, your ships will simply vanish upon entering the system. This is not a bug. :rolleyes:

Edit: When the game launched, there were 6,560 ships in orbit. Before the first player joined. Plan accordingly.

Cheerio
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
lmao that makes me really really happy :)

Cheerio
09-13-2011, 03:45 AM
definitely like how much lower the resource gen is - definitely makes playing the game in small chunks a much more viable option. before it definitely felt like you'd be overwhelmed by someone who spent a lot of time on the game, now it feels more even to me.

Spartanius
09-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah I agree with cheerio. Great improvement.

Trom
09-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Hear Hear!!

Cheerio
09-13-2011, 10:39 PM
huge props on the stability this time around. i get no lag to speak of and i've only been disconnect / app crash a few times. it feels so much nicer to play now.

zarkwizard
09-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Glad to hear you are pleased with the improvements so far. It's good to know all those long nights debating and calculating paid off. We are fairly pleased with this version of the game. We are seeing things more in line with what we expected, or hoped to have seen in the initial beta.

We think the specialties really made it a little more unique, and made the other classes a little more viable. Only time will tell with how things progress from here. So far it's going pretty good.

BTW, hows the new Trom Alert system working? Hopefully it's warning you about most things. :)

Trom
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM
HAHA the Trom alerts were honestly the first thing I looked for when I started the game up again. I was trying to do all sorts of silly things to see what would come up ;)

Cheerio
09-14-2011, 01:45 AM
its definitely changed the dynamic of the game... i mean, look at me, trom, spart and fiery - aren't we all trade or science?

Trom
09-14-2011, 01:50 AM
This is true. Now that classes are more viable we are free to do what we would normally do in these sorts of games :)

zarkwizard
09-14-2011, 11:13 AM
its definitely changed the dynamic of the game... i mean, look at me, trom, spart and fiery - aren't we all trade or science?

Actually that's an interesting one... I wonder how many of each there are. I'll have to find out what people picked. It would be interesting to know what people thought would be the best class. Personally I chose Researcher, I like the jump gates, and being able to survive black holes, but that's just me.

Cheerio
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I'd prolly go fleet when the option becomes viable - if it comes out as a plausible option. Being able to jump without gates seems so tactically awesome.
Maybe making fighters not count towards the object limit or only part of it, like 5 per object would be a way to make it more viable. I suppose it depends what you intend the class to be used for though.

Tsagoth
09-14-2011, 03:05 PM
25 players have chosen Science, 14 selected Trader and 7 have picked Warlord to date.

Trom
09-14-2011, 03:24 PM
It seems everyone likes Science. Also... only 46 people playing out of 114? I hope we are not going to have a bunch of people not playing the game again this time around too.

Spartanius
09-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Science sucks, good luck building solar taps without my ores.

Tsagoth
09-14-2011, 04:08 PM
only 46 people playing out of 114? I hope we are not going to have a bunch of people not playing the game again this time around too.

The number is wrong. It is generated by a separate server that in essence thinks we are still playing the same tutorial it launched in April. Last time I checked, there were actually 49 HW systems assigned.

Cheerio
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Good stuff - I got rare ore galore... Almost 4k of it!!! Hahaha