PDA

View Full Version : Cruisers

fieryspoon
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
what technology do I need to build cruisers now? The tooltip for cruisers says combat initiative, but that's incorrect. The tier 2 combat skill says it gives access to battle cruisers, which is a different ship. Are cruisers only combat accessible now maybe?

Tsagoth
09-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Offensive Initiative should unlock cruisers.

Spartanius
09-14-2011, 07:35 PM
The description for offensive just says destroyers I think. I searched everywhere a couple days ago and could not find cruisers, just destroyers and battlecruisers

fieryspoon
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
The notes on the front page say the tier 2 fleet research unlocks it now, which seems like a weird place for it.
It's also strange that they're more expensive in CO than battle cruisers. I was hoping to deploy some defensive orbitals using the new conversion mechanism, but they're twice as expensive as the orbital, which seems pretty steep! :-)

I haven't researched any fleet tech yet, so I guess it'll be a while before I can test if Forward Fleet does in fact unlock cruisers. It has no mention of it in the game tooltip.

Tsagoth
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Well maybe I'm wrong then. My doc says

Offensive Initiative: Allows the creation of Destroyers and Cruisers. +2% damage to Destroyers, Cruisers, Battle cruisers, and Battleships per rank.

This is a question for Lee, he is the skills authority.