PDA

View Full Version : Too much fog of war and allied LOS

Spartanius
09-18-2011, 01:32 PM
2 suggestions:

Suggestion 1 "Too Much Fog of War"
Hey this was suggested before, but I don't remember what the response was.

When you visit a planet that is owned by another player, and then leave you should still be able to see who owned the planet at the time you scouted it. As time goes on if another player takes over that planet it won't give you that information until you scout it again, but at least you will know who has the planet for some time, or who had the planet.

Suggestion 2 "Allied LOS"
I realize it has been said that there are no true allies in this game, but I still think there should be a way for players who work together to have some better options to do so beyond trading. Allied Line Of Sight would be the best way to do this I think. That way they can better coordinate their forces for protection, but it doesn't effect there only being one player who wins. With the way the victory conditions are currently setup you can easily win even "allied" with every player in the game.

It would simply be an option like embargo. Just turn on "share LOS, have it only work when both players have it enabled, and to avoid abuse set it so it lasts 24 hours before it can be turned off.

Cheerio
09-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm a fan of both ideas, the fog of war especially

Leedot
09-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I think the fog of war suggestion is a good idea and I believe that was the original intent but it may have changed for technical reasons. I'll have to talk to Zark/Tsagoth about it to confirm that.

As for allies we do want to add extended options for teaming up with other players we do want to support this but it's something that we'll be doing post launch.