PDA

View Full Version : UI - Tabs

adam__moore
09-22-2011, 11:30 PM
OK - so pet peeve corner - I would be much much happier if the tab that was currently selected received the solid border. Keeping the top tab always solid and varying the currently selected fill is counter intuitive. IMHO

zarkwizard
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Spartanius
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
There are tabs for the different screens in the UI like settings, maps, research. He wants it so that when you select a tab it becomes highlighted or gets a black border so you know which tab you are in. I don't think it takes much time to memorize them, but to each his own

adam__moore
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
For example, in the skills window "fleet control" has a solid border around the tab on the side making it look like the top page but selecting any of the other skills shift the fill highlight to the selected tab name but the borders don't shift around the tab.

zarkwizard
09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Why would the tabs need to shift around? Can you post screen shots of what you are referring to?

adam__moore
09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
It's not the tabs themselves - it's their highlighting metaphor (OMG I spend WAY too much time discussing UI at work *SIGH*)

Here we go - Fleet is selected - solid border on side tab - makes sense as supposed to be top most page

Trade skills is selected and it has the side tab highlighted BUT the solid border remains around the Fleet skills

Leedot
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Doh, I was hoping to respond to this before anyone had to go and post screen shots. Yeah, it's an art issue, I've been meaning to fix it but it's been pretty low on the list. I'll try to get to it soon. :)

zarkwizard
09-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Perfect. I know what you're talking about. Thanks for the pics, and ya that's LeeDot's problem. (Ok... checked off my list of things I need to do.)

adam__moore
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Lee - if it's any consolation, everything seems to have upscaled real nice on my ipad2 ;)