PDA

View Full Version : How many needed to one-shot colonies?

Spartanius
09-23-2011, 03:43 PM
how many dreadnoughts are required to one-shot a 400mu pop planet? Also can you give us equation on how planet attack/defense is calculated based on population and also what the base defense of a mining colony is?

ravenzachary
09-23-2011, 04:57 PM
how many dreadnoughts are required to one-shot a 400mu pop planet? Also can you give us equation on how planet attack/defense is calculated based on population and also what the base defense of a mining colony is?

Yes, please do tell so that I can build more orbitals to stop Spartanius from being such a bad cosmic neighbor.

ravenzachary
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Let me add another comment about combat, as well:

I've attacked some planets (mostly mining colonies) and the end result is almost always that I take the planet and I don't lose any ships in the process. This seems unbalanced.

One would assume that any combat is going to result in a loss of ships, whether ships vs. ships, or ships vs. planet. Also, if I do attack a 400m population planet and lose, I should probably take some of the planet's population down with me in the process.

Spartanius was planet hopping taking my mining colonies and I don't think he lost any ships in the process. When I sent my fleet to take them back, I hopped from planet to planet and as far as I can tell, I didn't lose a single ship in the process.

Spartanius
09-23-2011, 05:10 PM
SO YOUR ROSHI! haha! Ok so I definitely lost ships but I think it was due to bugs because I would take 3 planets and not lose anything and then suddenly lose a battlecruiser on the next planet.

The way combat works is that the attacker fires first unless the defender's mining colony has ships in orbit(not sure about orbitals) and he has the attacker set to war instead of peace in diplomacy. In that case the attacker would lose ships, maybe he would lose enough to lose the battle in the second or third round of combat but that is based on how many ships he entered with.

Are you using stealth orbitals? Because if you are they don't seem to be having any effect on my dreadnaught fleets. Also I think you just lost your entire fleet at my mining colony :)

Leedot
09-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Back when we last discussed this I believe it was supposed to be setup so that you would need at least three cruisers to take a mining colony and in the exchange they would lose one cruiser. If that's not happening then it's a bug. I have some idea of what might be happening but I'll need to talk with Zark / Tsa and get back to you.

Spart - as for how many licks it takes to get to the center of a 400mu planet you could always send some ships over and find out through empirical evidence. ;)

ravenzachary
09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Spart - as for how many licks it takes to get to the center of a 400mu planet you could always send some ships over and find out through empirical evidence. ;)

I concur. Please test and let us know how it goes! :)

Spartanius
09-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Back when we last discussed this I believe it was supposed to be setup so that you would need at least three cruisers to take a mining colony and in the exchange they would lose one cruiser.Zark said in this beta it would take at least a dreadnaught or equivalent Battlecruisers/cruisers to take a mining colony. That is something like 10-11 cruisers.

Tsagoth
09-24-2011, 02:29 AM
A plain MinCo would have a baseline DEF of 35.