PDA

View Full Version : All standings reset

Tsagoth
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
We're going to change a couple of things about how Trade works, and as part of that I have just reset everyone's standings to everyone else as:

Neutral and Tradable

We'll go from there.

zarkwizard
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
You will now have 3 states:

1 - Tradable - You are openly trading with this person (this is the default, you can trade with anyone at anytime)
2 - Embargo - You are closed for trading with a specific player.
3 - At War - You are aggressive to this player, and your ships / planets will attack. KOS.

The buttons in the client won't reflect this correctly till the next release.

adam__moore
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Trading still seems not to be working - none of the routes I've set up are continuing after 1 return leg

Tsagoth
09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
The few I've seen were/are failing due to a standings issue. I've also seen a couple run, but they didn't trade anything, not sure what was with that. I'm hoping to be able to give trade some attention tomorrow if I don't see any big blowouts in combat.

ravenzachary
09-27-2011, 10:15 PM
The buttons in the client won't reflect this correctly till the next release.

Will the game be reset for the next client release or are we planning to leave the game as-is?

zarkwizard
09-28-2011, 12:08 AM
No plans to reset at this time.

Cheerio
09-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Is fleet going to be added in as a specialization any time soon or is it not really part of the consideration for this beta?

Leedot
09-28-2011, 06:20 PM
No, we won't be adding in the fourth specialization until after launch.

zarkwizard
09-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Is fleet going to be added in as a specialization any time soon or is it not really part of the consideration for this beta?

I believe Fleet specialty will not find it's way in to the game till version 2. We need to figure out what the purpose of Fleet would be. Exploration was a thought, but we aren't sure what the win criteria would be. Since it won't be a game changer we decided to put it off till the next version (first big upgrade) rather than hack something in place for the time being.