PDA

View Full Version : Separating common ore, rare ore

nnnevvv
10-09-2011, 12:11 AM
would be nice to have some way of selectively harvesting only common ore or rare ore. Can I suggest that in addition to the small harvester that there is a "RO-small harvester". That way you could have a central resources depot, and take only RO off that planet to an adjacent planet, which is your RO depot.

Cheers

Spartanius
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
This would be useful. It would be cool if you could set a ratio like take any RO that goes beyond a certain ratio of CO to RO so you could build the ships you want there and take extra to another planet. I have had planets with 0 CO and 500k RO while I have other planets with 1mu CO and 0k RO because of harvesting proportions in different areas.

adam__moore
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Isn't that what matter transmitters are for? And as a tier 6 trade skill for this reason - managing resources is difficult and SHOULD be!

nnnevvv
10-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Hmm, they could be - but I can't find anywhere on the website or forums that tells me what a MT does, apart from give you 10% higher resource production.

Cheerio
10-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Hmm, they could be - but I can't find anywhere on the website or forums that tells me what a MT does, apart from give you 10% higher resource production.

matter transmitters allow any colony with a matter transmitter to use the resources located at any other colony that also has a matter transmitter when trying to construct something.

nnnevvv
10-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Cool - thanks!