PDA

View Full Version : Email suggestions

nnnevvv
10-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Re. In game email. How about having next and previous buttons when you're reading an email. Or even better, when u first go into email inbox, have a button which brings up complete message bodies, one after the other, as u scroll down the page, for all unread emails.

Thanks

zarkwizard
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
You want to see the messages and be able to hit next or previous when looking at a message?

I am not sure what you mean about bringing up the message body.

nnnevvv
10-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Yes that interpretation is correct.

Re. Message body. To avoid having the process of open message, read message, open next message, etc, for example when you have several dozen combat result emails:
- on the inbox screen have an "open all" button
- this displays the first unread message (subject line AND entire text of the message) then scrolling down the page you have some border/divider or something, then the second unread message, etc, up to a total number of messages equalling however many there are, or whatever limit is imposed by memory, programming, good sense or whatever.

I'd be quite happy if this feature was an option in the settings that is switched off by default, because it may make the inbox too complex for some.

Cheers

adam__moore
10-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Also the newest message should be selected when you go to messages and the next newest selected when you delete a message - currently any action deselects all messages. A 'select all' and 'select all in view' option so that we can get rid of the battle messages would be nice too!

zarkwizard
10-19-2011, 03:34 PM
- on the inbox screen have an "open all" button
- this displays the first unread message (subject line AND entire text of the message) then scrolling down the page you have some border/divider or something, then the second unread message, etc, up to a total number of messages equalling however many there are, or whatever limit is imposed by memory, programming, good sense or whatever.

I doubt this will happen. Due to the fact that there are 2 different things I receive. One is the header, then when you select the message I retrieve the body. I don't actually get the header and the body at the same time. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, it's just something that wouldn't work under the current interface.

zarkwizard
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Also the newest message should be selected when you go to messages and the next newest selected when you delete a message - currently any action deselects all messages. A 'select all' and 'select all in view' option so that we can get rid of the battle messages would be nice too!

Ultimately I would like to move battle messages or "generated" notices to their own in box. We are working some something that will allow that in the future. That way you won't have things like battle notices cluttering up the main inbox.

nnnevvv
10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Sure, that would help