PDA

View Full Version : Landscape & Portrait Mode

idFREEK
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Will the game allow it to be played on the ipad in landscape and portrait mode?

zarkwizard
03-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Will the game allow it to be played on the ipad in landscape and portrait mode?

The iPad version we are developing is Landscape only. Having it in Portrait on the iPad just seems to be a waste. I suppose if we eventually find a good design in the future that may change.

idFREEK
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
The iPad version we are developing is Landscape only. Having it in Portrait on the iPad just seems to be a waste. I suppose if we eventually find a good design in the future that may change.

I was hoping the game would run in landscape, so it's another thumbs up from me.

iamthekiller
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I really enjoy portrait games on the iPad. It's how I hold the device most of the time. Don't consider it a waste. Look at Edge and Edge Extended. A great game on the iPad no matter which way you hold the device.

AntiHaze
05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
You could still technically play it in portrait by getting the iPhone client on your iPad and doubling the size on the screen.

idFREEK
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
The iPad version we are developing is Landscape only..

Any info like timescales on the iPad version that you are developing for landscape mode ? or how do I get the iPhone app to run in landscape mode ?

Side note: With the new red stripey background update in the message reply edit part it is hard to read text. Is there an option to make it white with black text ?