PDA

View Full Version : MANUAL for Empire Of The Eclipse

idFREEK
05-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Where can i download the manual for Empire Of The Eclipse?

Leedot
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
There isn't currently a separate written manual for Empire of the Eclipse at the moment. The tutorial videos located here ( http://www.youtube.com/user/Zarksoft/videos ) cover all the core concepts for the game.

If there's demand for a separate manual I could compile together the scripts from the video tutorials along with some screenshots and appendices for the technology descriptions and various ship stats.

Space_Doogie
05-19-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd love to get my hands on a detailed description of each specialty. It'd be nice to be well informed by the time I get hands on the game. Just found out about this game a few days ago, and can't get enough while I wait for release. *returns to rifling through the forums*

Edit: I completely missed the wiki sticky up top, is that pretty well up to date?

ravenzachary
05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Space_Doogie: I built that Wiki during the early beta in 2011. Things have changed somewhat since then. I hope someone takes over updating that Wiki for the release (I'm too busy to do anything with it at this point).

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 02:50 AM
I think a beginners guide is needed. A few opening move suggestions for all three character types. I think there are some things that the game does not do that make it a bit harder to learn. A guide is needed to explain how to do some organizational things.

Example: there is no outpost tag that lets a player know if you set up a cargo route and what type of ship. How to calculate what ship capacity is needed to be efficient and so on. These are things I do not get from the tutorial videos.

Hope I am making sense. :>)

ravenzachary
05-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Help build a manual for EOTE by posting on the Wiki:

http://eote.wikia.com

Wrath
05-27-2012, 09:06 PM
I think a beginners guide is needed. A few opening move suggestions for all three character types. I think there are some things that the game does not do that make it a bit harder to learn. A guide is needed to explain how to do some organizational things.
Couldn't agree more.
(And not sure a wiki is where it should go, but better than not having one, I suppose)

VanderLegion
05-27-2012, 10:10 PM
The wiki is a great resource to have, but there really needs to be something more ingame than just the tutorial videos.

Millertime
05-28-2012, 01:50 PM
If you want this game to grow and become more mainstream, it's going to need a real manual and a starting guide. Even with the tutorials, starting the game it's all just random button pressing and guessing.

2pourdrummer
05-28-2012, 09:11 PM
I agree, it took a whole day to figure out things and I still don't know if what is happening is a glitch or part of the game.

ChickenHawk07
05-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I know we're basically Open Beta Testers here, but an actual "How To" manual would really be helpful. I'd love to contribute, but I have zero clue how to edit a wiki page, and as a paying customer, I don't think I should have to figure out how TO edit a wiki page. If you can set up a google docs page that is accessible to all paying customers, with the explanation that NO QUESTIONS be allowed in the DOC (other than the questions that need answering. You of course would have to proofread the answers) I think you could have a winner in no time flat.

Supamand
05-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Ha maybe Lee could compile a bad ass tool tips for the game and add it to the store for like $5. I'd totally pay for something like that. Having an edge like that would give me an edge over other players :D