PDA

View Full Version : Network Problem

Mechkobe
05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to connect myself and I always get a Network Problem saying this: Unable to contact login server. Please try again later. Am I the only one to get this or the server really has some problems? Thank you for your time and have a good day!

// MechKobe

ravenzachary
05-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Sometimes I see this and a force quit of the app fixes the problem. Close the app, double tap home button until you see the drawer of running apps, hold your finger down on to top of the Empire of the Eclipse icon until you see the minus symbol, then tap the minus symbol on top of the Empire of the Eclipse icon. Then relaunch Empire of the Eclipse. There's a good chance all will work for you again.

Leedot
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Mechkobe - I haven't seen much of that particular problem but I'll talk with Tsagoth / Zark in the morning. Would you mind pm'ing me your account name / login so we can see what comes up in the logs?

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm seeing this message pop up whenever I wake up my phone and EotE is still running. It will kick me off the server, and I have to reconnect. I don't have to force close to connect again, but sometimes after I do the game crashes to my iPhone's home screen. Kind of annoying, but I'm not having any prolonged problems with connecting.

Leedot
05-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Ok, some of the issue is poor messaging on our part in this case. Apple automatically disconnects the game if you leave for more than roughly 30 seconds so there's not a lot we can do about that but we can look into having it do an auto reconnect in order to make that transition feel more seamless.

muaddib1611
05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I have a similar problem. I registered my account and bought one month. I want to join Nergal, but an error message keeps popping up. I closed the app as discribed above, even rebooted my Iphone. The Error message says: "The system was unable to maintain a connection with the game server. Please try again later. We are sorry... "

VaporKnight
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I have a similar problem. I registered my account and bought one month. I want to join Nergal, but an error message keeps popping up. I closed the app as discribed above, even rebooted my Iphone. The Error message says: "The system was unable to maintain a connection with the game server. Please try again later. We are sorry... "

Same problem here. I can login, but Nergal just throws this error when I try to play.
User: FINbit

Space_Doogie
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm having the same error as muaddib1611. 'The system was unable to maintain a connection with the game server.' etc... Error Report:@

muaddib1611
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
well.. Seems like server down. :)

ChickenHawk07
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Any idea when the server will be back up? I've been trying to get into the tutorial server for over almost two hours now. Same thing, lost connection.

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
They should be up now. If you are still encountering an issue let us know.

BlueinGreen
05-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm still experiencing the issue - nvm fixed

sgtspyder
05-24-2012, 01:57 PM
its ok now thx

Thelip
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Still can't connect to the character (Thelip) I created while unregistered and paid for. Thanks!

muaddib1611
05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I was able to play for approx. 5 min, now I again received an error maessage, that the server is not availible. The error message, says to visit the forums to see if servers are down. :)

Chris
05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I have had app crash a lot. A refresh button would be cool as this restarting is pissing me off a lot. But it's an awesome game none the less.

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I have had app crash a lot. A refresh button would be cool as this restarting is pissing me off a lot. But it's an awesome game none the less.

Could you please let us know what iDevice you are running and the iOS version you are on. It will help us narrow down the issue and see if we can figure out why the app is crashing for you.

Do you mean the app crashes out completely, or it is locks up waiting on a screen? You can submit bug reports with screen shots by touching the screen with 3 fingers. It will go a long way to helping us resolve any oddities.

Thanks for the feed back.

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM
I was able to play for approx. 5 min, now I again received an error maessage, that the server is not availible. The error message, says to visit the forums to see if servers are down. :)

We did find a couple of issues we are working to resolve on the servers that testing didn't uncover. Hopefully we will have fixes in place that will take care of those problems shortly.

Sorry about this.

Chris
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Crashing.
I have iPhone 4s latest apple update.
Crashes are back to main apple home page with all other apps on. Have had 5 of them while playing on and off all day at work breaks. Their wifi. Also my wifi. 3 g not tried.
I have had about 15 server message errors saying something like server lost connection? Or similar.

Complete crashes happen I hit the planet tab at top of game screen.
I will bug report with screen shots over time if I can. I had no other apps running.

But chaps. A bit thank you for this game I love it already. I expect bugs. I know you love this game as much as me. Well probably a lot more.

Thanks

idFREEK
05-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I have had this too "Unable to contact login server. Please try again later." However, it seems to be settling down as the day goes on. I am just looking at this as a teething problem. I am sure it will work its self out the more they tweak stuff. I am having fun getting my feet wet :)

ichigokuto
05-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm still having lost connection to aruru server and haven't been able to connect for hours.
Any advice on connection would be appreciated.

lordxorn
05-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I cannot join the live server either, so I am playing on the tutorial server for now.

Tsagoth
05-24-2012, 06:43 PM
You cannot join Aruru yet as the game has not yet launched. It is currently only in signup mode. It will launch in about twenty minutes.

I suppose we need to make it more clear that you have signed up rather than that you can actually now play.

ChickenHawk07
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, no matter what I do I get network failure. Won't even let me choose a server.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, no matter what I do I get network failure. Won't even let me choose a server.

Did you try killing the App? Double tap home button, hold down the app then click the delete and try opening it up again?

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I am working on trying to replicate some of the issues. I have one of every device and so far I have not been able to reproduce a single crash. I did encounter the network not connecting once, and I closed out the app with the home button, dbl tapped home then killed the app and started it again and everything worked fine. That was after a ton of tests.

I am looking in to that one, and hopefully I can find it and get the new version out there. I'm still trying to hunt down the crashing to springboard, and have had a few people send me their crash logs which help. Hopefully I'll have it sorted in the next day or so.

ColonelKendric
06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I have the problem of not being able to access the live server Nanna, which was launched this lunch according to the selection screen. I can access tutorial Nergal, though, and already signed up for live round Utu.

Anyway, the tutorial server shows about 1130/1370, so there seems to be space. The live server constantly says 0058/0058.

Is that telling me it is full? And in that case, can it only take 58 people? I am left clueless and pretty angry currently. :/

fatharry
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
You are not alone. I cannot login to Nanna either. It seemed to be working for about the first 30 mins and then broke. Hopefully everyone is having the same problem otherwise they are getting a head start!! :-(

ColonelKendric
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Ok, good and not good to hear I'm not alone.

For Reproduction: I'm using an iPad 1 and zoom in to the app. Nergal takes some time to access, Nanna does not do at all as mentioned. Closing and reopening the app does not have any effect. After about 2 mins a server connectivity and availability does appear, prompting to try later.

Tsagoth
06-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Nanna is back in service.

ColonelKendric
06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Forgot to reply. Thanks a lot for the quick reaction and response! :)