PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Connect to Game

AtomicEdge
05-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Hello everyone.

I got the game this morning and made an account and a Toon (called Korell), I added a month of time to it and I selected a server (Negral). It loads up and selects Korell, but then I sit at Please Wait, Joining: Nergal for a bit, then it pops up behind as you can see in the attached image.63

It sits there forever and never goes forwards. Any ideas?

Thelip
05-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Same here.

ChickenHawk07
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Same here as well.

Lavenders2
05-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Seems like it is a server issue, everyone is having it.
Best to just wait for a fix

Thelip
05-24-2012, 12:54 PM
For a bit more details from me:
I initially started my game unregisitered. Partially because I'm not planning on playing on other devices and partially because I wasn't 100% sure what I was doing. I paid for a month on that character. As I've been tinkering and trying to get the game to reconnect I noticed at one refresh that a different character named showed up in the list. Mine is "Thelip" the other name was "HomeyD" or something like that. I've since registered, but haven't paid for the new character yet to see if this problem fixes itself as I prefer my initial character name.

Thanks

Thelip
05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Seems like it is a server issue, everyone is having it.
Best to just wait for a fix

Ok. Thanks!

AtomicEdge
05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Ahh okay, well good to know it's not just me.

Tsagoth
05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
For a bit more details from me:
I initially started my game unregisitered. Partially because I'm not planning on playing on other devices and partially because I wasn't 100% sure what I was doing. I paid for a month on that character. As I've been tinkering and trying to get the game to reconnect I noticed at one refresh that a different character named showed up in the list. Mine is "Thelip" the other name was "HomeyD" or something like that. I've since registered, but haven't paid for the new character yet to see if this problem fixes itself as I prefer my initial character name.

Thanks

If you use the Play Unregistered button, you should see your Thelip character there. You cannot see it from your registered account, they are in no way linked.

Thelip
05-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Yep. When I click on unregistered it says in the little dialogue box "unable to auto join..." and thelip isn't on the list :-/

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Yep. When I click on unregistered it says in the little dialogue box "unable to auto join..." and thelip isn't on the list :-/

Ok, I discovered that one after the last batch of changes that the client can't auto log in when you play unregistered. The issue that arises is it wasn't initially designed to have an unregistered mode. You have to click "Play" then "Play Unregistered" for now if you want to select your character. There are a few design changes that have to be made to the client to jump through the unregistered hoops.

Thelip
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
That kind of worked in the sense that it doesn't hang up trying to connect, but the only name on the list is "Patman" :-)

Tobias Greenich
05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Same issues as Thelip here. I created an unregistered character, paid for a month, and started a game in the tutorial server. The game stopped autojoining, so I tried to do it manually, and on the character select I see a different character than the one I created. (My character is "Tobias Greenich", the one I see is "Solid".)

Incidentally, will there be an option to delete a character, or have it transferred to a registered account?