PDA

View Full Version : Where to submit crash reports?

PlayerOne
05-24-2012, 04:37 PM
First off, I'm super excited about finally being able to play the game - and it looks like it's going to be fun. I've been having a few stability issues, and would be more than happy to email my device logs to y'all if you tell me where to send them. I've got about ~7 crash-logs, but it really only seems to be 2 types of issue. The first one is a main thread SIGABRT on some graphics calls, and the second one is the socket thread crashing when I resume the app from the background.

ravenzachary
05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
[email protected]

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
If it's client specific you can e-mail the reports to me at zark****at****companyname.com

Change company name to ZarkSoft, and change the at stuff to be correct.. :) We are working on the background resume issue, and hopefully it'll go in with the next release. Apple kills the TCP/IP connection so the connection needs to be reestablished. Since it's not just simply a web based game it's a little more complex to just pick up a connection.

Kind of the same reason if you play WoW, EQ or something like that if you lose connection it doesn't just resume connection, and you have to go through the log on process. We have some ideas on what we can do, and hopefully will have something in the near future.

PlayerOne
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys, I sent them to bugs and i'll forward them to Zark. I don't envy you guys, Objective C sockets are a PITA.

Leedot
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Also just to spread awareness if you swipe down with three fingers there's an option to submit a bug with a screenshot and various other information to our bug database. (though obviously that's less useful if you want to do something awesome like collect and send us crash dumps.) :)