PDA

View Full Version : Negative Objects Available

VanderLegion
05-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Playing on the test server I'm currently at 12 of 10 objects (5 harvesters, 7 probes). If I look at the factory screen, it shows that I have -2 objects available, yet I'm still able to build more stuff (3 things building). Not sure if the limit was removed for the tutorial server atm for people to experiment, or if somethings broken.

Tsagoth
05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
No, that would be a bug.

VanderLegion
05-24-2012, 05:52 PM
K, I'll send in a screenshot and sack some of my probes to get back under the limit

Tsagoth
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
You can sometimes be a little over the limit if you have queued more ships to build than you have yards to count. The server tries to count up what you have queued for multi-build orders, but it's not always correct as factories can all be running on different threads. If you're fifty ships over the limit, then that's really a bug.

VanderLegion
05-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I never queued more than 1 item per factory. Built up the probes/harvesters 1 at a time last night. Sometime in there I started up a shipyard building. Got on this morning, was at 12 out of 10 objects. I was then still able to queue up 2 more oupost ships (when already over), then 2 more harvesters to harvest the new planets (before actually setting up the outposts, so I still had the outpost ships as well).

Corinthian
05-25-2012, 05:34 AM
I am also encountering this on aruru. Same thing.
Making things one at a time, up to 13 now... :). Not that I'm really complaining

VanderLegion
05-25-2012, 05:36 AM
To expand on this, I also had it let me go above 10 objects on Aruru (and it'll still let me build more if I wanted to), but it only applies to ships. I can build probes/harvesters/outpost ships, but if I try to build another shipyard it tells me I don't hvae space for any more objects.

JGG
05-26-2012, 11:21 AM
i have the same problem.the only difference is that my shipyard tech is lvl1 so i am supposed to have 20 ship cap and currently have 12 but it shows up as -2 outta 10