PDA

View Full Version : I signed up for Aruru server and not it's not in my server list

ColfaxJones
05-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I signed up last night, server was in my list all morning, when i went to start today at 3pm edt the server no longer shows. I had planned on scouting out my sector first thing now i'm falling behind. Character name is ColfaxJones, please advise.

ColfaxJones
05-24-2012, 07:36 PM
typo, now* it's not in my server list.

Leedot
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM
I've seen this come up in a number of places - it seems that if you touch the screen anywhere other than the server listing it toggles the join / unjoin function so it's very easy to accidentally unjoin a game. Once a game starts and it's not a game you're a part of it's removed from the list.

We'll definitely fix this in the next build, apologies for the confusion.

ColfaxJones
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
gotta say i'm 99% certain this didn't happen. I was so looking forward to being in the very first game, can you drop me in there PLEASE ?

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 08:22 PM
gotta say i'm 99% certain this didn't happen. I was so looking forward to being in the very first game, can you drop me in there PLEASE ?

Sadly we can't. The way the servers work is they generate a universe specific to the size of the player count that entered. Everything is calculated according to that. We have been discussing maybe allowing a little overlap, but in any case the problem would still arise that there is a finite size for the generation, and after those slots are filled there isn't anything we can do to enter people.

just get 1370 people to join the current game open. It'll spawn right away then. :)

ColfaxJones
05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
yup, i sent a tip to toucharcade asking them to hurry up and write an article about release day.

well i did get ya'll a little press, I'm the Glenn that sent the tip.

http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/24/attention-glenn-says-the-first-live-empire-of-the-eclipse-event-needs-more-players/#comments

I'm working on that 1370.