PDA

View Full Version : Some really basic questions from a new player:

SixDaysShort
05-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi all, just downloaded the game about an hour ago...and am still figuring everything out. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I progress. But, for now, mine will focus on fleets, exploration, and harvesting.

1) Just testing out fleets, I attempted to create miniature harvesting fleets including one small harvester and one fighter in each. However, I was unable to add fighters to the fleets for some reason. Why is this?

4) when you send a harvester to a source planet that has RO, what determines how much of his cargo is filled with RO as opposed to CO?

*edited to remove questions I've learned the answer to

SixDaysShort
05-25-2012, 02:06 AM
new question:

1) I have missing ships. I have 5 small harvesters. At one point, I cancelled (or at least, I thought I did) all of their routes and changed 2 of them. Now, in the ships tab under the fleet menu, it lists 4 of them in one sector and another ship in a second sector. However, I can only see 2 of them (which I then reassigned harvesting routes). They're not still listed on the AI ships...and I can't find them to send them on new routes. any idea what's going on?

Tsagoth
05-25-2012, 02:51 AM
1a) Fighters can't be fleeted by themselves. Nor can they leave a sector, they are too small. Carriers move them around.

1b) Sounds like a bug.

4) It loads 50/50 unless one of the resources is exhausted, in which case it will fill its remaining space with the one resource.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 03:04 AM
1) I have missing ships. I have 5 small harvesters. At one point, I cancelled (or at least, I thought I did) all of their routes and changed 2 of them. Now, in the ships tab under the fleet menu, it lists 4 of them in one sector and another ship in a second sector. However, I can only see 2 of them (which I then reassigned harvesting routes). They're not still listed on the AI ships...and I can't find them to send them on new routes. any idea what's going on?

Go to the sector you believe the ships are in then do the 3 finger tap to submit a bug (there is a tutorial video for that). It will give us the information about the sector, let us know what the problem is in the report and we will look in to it and see what we can find on the server.

SixDaysShort
05-25-2012, 06:54 AM
I filled out a bug report. But old like to point out that this isnt an anomaly. It keep happening. Whenever I cancel a harvest route, it's a 50/50 shot that the ship will disappear. I'm now at a 14-ship count, and only have 9 ships. It's frustrating.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I filled out a bug report. But old like to point out that this isnt an anomaly. It keep happening. Whenever I cancel a harvest route, it's a 50/50 shot that the ship will disappear. I'm now at a 14-ship count, and only have 9 ships. It's frustrating.

We will look in to it. Did you mention that in the bug report? Just so we can make sure we are looking for your lost ships as well. Do the ships show up in the Ship Listing, but when you jump the the sector your can't see them?

SixDaysShort
05-25-2012, 05:20 PM
We will look in to it. Did you mention that in the bug report? Just so we can make sure we are looking for your lost ships as well. Do the ships show up in the Ship Listing, but when you jump the the sector your can't see them?

I filled out a pretty detailed bug report last night. The ships are listed in the Ship Listing tab. They're accounted-for in both the sector summary (which shows number of ships, planets, etc. when you highlight a sector) and the unit limit (15 out of 10 units built). However, they aren't visible on any sector screen. I stopped all the auto-running to make it easier on you all. You can clearly see only 4 small harvesters in orbit in one of the sectors and 0 in the other. Yet, I should have 5 in each.

If you could do me a solid, how do you all personally go about changing a harvester's route? I'll be playing my first "competitive" game later today, and I'd like to avoid doing whatever it is that causes this.

Marked
05-25-2012, 08:18 PM
When i change a harvesters route i press the little brown square that shows me the harvesters on auto. I select one of them and cancel the auto pilot. Then I wait for the ships syatus to change before I give it the new route. Sometimes it takes a minute or two if the ship is in transit or delivering ore. Usually I play with my probes and then come back and its ready.

AntiHaze
05-25-2012, 08:55 PM

I am having this same problem exactly. I've been sending in updates through the bug reporting system.