PDA

View Full Version : My outpost ship does not want to land

SG7
05-24-2012, 10:29 PM
I have arrived to a new solar system with outpost ship. I have tried to land on the gas planet and water planet. I have received the message that ship is going to land. But it never did. It is still in the orbit. Any ideas why?

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
You got a message it was going to land? Lucky. My outpost ship just sits in the star's orbit and won't move anywhere.

SG7
05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
The message was: "Alert-Colonize Are you sure that you would like to place a colony on this planet?" I confirmed but it did not land, did not colonized, did not created outpost. :( After confirmation it said: "Ship is landing ..." It never did!

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Well it might take some time to land... but my ship is definitely not doing anything or responding to anything I tell it to do.

SG7
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
I am waiting more than one hour. My fighter does not respond. It is the same way as for your outpost ship.

mastergameaok
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, is there supposed to be some confirmation what the outpost landed? I have tried twice already and when I click on either planet, at the top where it lists the ships/orbitals, and stuff it still posits '0' in outposts.

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I got it to work, finally. Although I'm not sure how...

SG7
05-24-2012, 11:27 PM
I got it to work, finally. Although I'm not sure how...
Did you land?

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I finally got the ship to enter the orbit of the planet. Then the option to create an outpost appears in the ship's menu, and as soon as I pressed it and confirmed it, the colony was created.

mastergameaok
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I finally got the ship to enter the orbit of the planet. Then the option to create an outpost appears in the ship's menu, and as soon as I pressed it and confirmed it, the colony was created.

what kind of planet did u create the outpost on?

zarkwizard
05-24-2012, 11:35 PM
There isn't any issues with colony ships that we are aware of. If you are in orbit of a planet and your ship doesn't land please submit a bug report using the 3 finger swap (as in the tutorial).

It will go a long way to help us track from the information, and will help us pinpoint exactly what you are looking at.

SG7
05-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Finally! I also landed on a water planet... did I?

AntiHaze
05-24-2012, 11:43 PM
what kind of planet did u create the outpost on?

It is a lava planet.

Leedot
05-24-2012, 11:46 PM
The only restrictions on planetary settlements is that you can't create colonies on gas planets but outposts should work just fine. Definitely submit a bug report (swipe three fingers down and select the bug icon) as it sends us a lot of useful information such as a screenshot, the planet's location, the ship id's, etc..

mastergameaok
05-24-2012, 11:50 PM
The only restrictions on planetary settlements is that you can't create colonies on gas planets but outposts should work just fine. Definitely submit a bug report (swipe three fingers down and select the bug icon) as it sends us a lot of useful information such as a screenshot, the planet's location, the ship id's, etc..

How am I supposed to take a screenshot of it, if after i click confirm to colonize, nothing happens, the ship disappears (flying into the planet) and I don't have an outpost, nor an outpost ship to give an id or screenshot of.
**Note** this has happened twice on 2 different lava planets. So far on this one water one the ship has not disappeared and appears to actually be colonizing the planet.

SG7
05-24-2012, 11:56 PM
@mastergameaok Check if you have a white square under the planet. And check if you can change the name. If you do you have an outpost.

mastergameaok
05-24-2012, 11:59 PM
@mastergameaok Check if you have a white square under the planet. And check if you can change the name. If you do you have an outpost.

Not sure about a white square but I do have a small circle on the right outside of planets i am harvesting

mastergameaok
05-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Can fighters be grouped into a fleet? I've placed them in orbit, but they do not seem to form a fleet or show up in 'fleet' screen, they just remain in the idle screen

Leedot
05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Mastergameaok - well aside from the screenshot it'll give us all the information we need to look at the planet and ships involved on the server side so we can see what's happening.

Currently fighters can't be placed into a fleet since they can't leave the solar system they're built in.

mastergameaok
05-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Mastergameaok - well aside from the screenshot it'll give us all the information we need to look at the planet and ships involved on the server side so we can see what's happening.

Currently fighters can't be placed into a fleet since they can't leave the solar system they're built in.

thanks, also i figured out outpost problem, wasn't using colony ship, was using outpost ship. how do people already have colony ships, server hasn't even be live for 24 hours...

romars
05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Today i submitted a screen with this bug to me hapened like this
First i created an outpost ship a succeded colonize a planet (when i clicked the ship i saw the menu to colonize)
Second i created another outpost ship i went to the desired planet but can't see the colonize button after i couldn't move the ship for some hours after another few hours i succeded move the ship but can't colonize another planet.
This is a bug or i am doing something wrong or there is a limit of colonies that i can have

JGG
05-26-2012, 11:17 AM
i usually put my outpost ship in the planets orbit then i press the colonies button. 1 put ship in fleet 2 fly to planet 3 take ship outta fleet and put onto the planet orbit 4 colonies

zarkwizard
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Today i submitted a screen with this bug to me hapened like this
First i created an outpost ship a succeded colonize a planet (when i clicked the ship i saw the menu to colonize)
Second i created another outpost ship i went to the desired planet but can't see the colonize button after i couldn't move the ship for some hours after another few hours i succeded move the ship but can't colonize another planet.
This is a bug or i am doing something wrong or there is a limit of colonies that i can have

Do you have the colony ship in a fleet? If so it will fail at the moment. You will need to take the ship out of the fleet and then colonize the planet.