PDA

View Full Version : Tweak to in-game chat

VanderLegion
05-25-2012, 05:02 AM
It'd be nice if, when the keyboard slides up to type out a chat message, the chat window would slide up to still be visible above the keyboard so you can see the recent chat messages still.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Agreed, and noted. I will try to get this in soon.

Seris
05-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Yes! That is great. It'd also be nice if, while the chat window was closed, you'd get some notification if a new message comes in. Nothing obtrusive, in case you get in a popular chatroom. But even if you could see the new message come in on the bottom, instead of the "Click here to send message" or something like that.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 09:30 AM
^ Great idea! Put my vote in for this idea as well.

Wrath
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure how relevant chat is to the survival of this game, although I thought it would be fairly key since this is sort of a community game, with lots of player interaction, at least near the end-game. But clicking on the chat icon is like hitting mute - there's nothing going on there. Having the ability to create a chat chennel seems like a good idea, but if you create a room, is that the only channel you can listen and respond to at a time? Seems like there needs to be a general chat channel that you are automatically in once you hit the chat button, rather than having to findi the General or Community Help ones in a long list of channels to choose from, which I've never seen more than two people in at a time, and mostly all have 0 people. Maybe the chat function needs to be revised to something more like forums or a message board, so you can leave messages for everyone, instead of emailing players one at a time hoping you are finding the ones with similar goals/skills, since there are usually no more than four or five players online at a time on the game servers.