PDA

View Full Version : Mining?

CoreySr
05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Do you need outposts deployed at the planets in your immoral dolor system for resource harvesters to work? If so would a good opening strategy be to build as many outposts as you need to mine your system then go to harvesters? Right now I've been doing it opposite and noticed IM not collecting any resources.

Marked
05-25-2012, 06:49 AM
yes you have to place outposts before harvesters can bring back resources to home planet. What I have been doing is building outpost and a small harvester together. Mostly because the harvester is useless without the outpost. This way my resources build a little faster so that I can build more outposts.

Filigree
05-25-2012, 07:39 AM
If you look in the global planet list, under outposts, all the home system planets are listed.
Therefore surely you can harvest from these from the start can't you? or do you still need to place outposts at all home planets as well as any explored planets?

ChickenHawk07
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure you're able to mine on your home world without harvesters. I think it's total CO and RO just get added to what you're brining in from other outposts. Or am I totally wrong thinking that? Anyone?

Corinthian
05-25-2012, 09:48 AM
All the planets in your home system have outposts already so no need to make them.... Took me a while to realise this...

mastergameaok
05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
All the planets in your home system have outposts already so no need to make them.... Took me a while to realise this...

This makes much more sense, thanks for the info

shadowkhai
05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I believe while they have outposts, you still need harvesters to collect the resources.

Someone plaease correct me if I'm wrong.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I believe while they have outposts, you still need harvesters to collect the resources.

Yes, you need to have a planet that meets one of 2 things:

1 - You own it (Active colony, or Mining Outpost)
2 - Someone else owns it and you are trading with them.

The planets in your system already have mining outposts on them, aside from your terran home world which has a colony.

Hope this clears it up.

mastergameaok
05-25-2012, 02:15 PM

1 - You own it (Active colony, or Mining Outpost)

The planets in your system already have mining outposts on them, aside from your terran home world which has a colony.

Hope this clears it up.

What kind of ships do you require to harvest from planets a couple squares away?

AntiHaze
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM

You can harvest someone else's planet? Won't it make them mad that you are using up their stock of ore? If you over-mine, it depletes and you have to wait for it to recharge based on the per hour rate.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
You can harvest someone else's planet? Won't it make them mad that you are using up their stock of ore? If you over-mine, it depletes and you have to wait for it to recharge based on the per hour rate.

Actually when you are harvesting someone elses planet that's trading. It does not consume their resources, it gives them bonus resources, and gives you resources without taking anything of theirs. If you watch the trade video I think it explains the details.

What kind of ships do you require to harvest from planets a couple squares away?

I generally use small harvesters, since the planet is close it is easy to deplete the resources on the planet.

mastergameaok
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Actually when you are harvesting someone elses planet that's trading. It does not consume their resources, it gives them bonus resources, and gives you resources without taking anything of theirs. If you watch the trade video I think it explains the details.

I generally use small harvesters, since the planet is close it is easy to deplete the resources on the planet.

By couple of squares I mean outside my initial home planet and outposts and must go into different sector. Still use small harvesters, after placing outpost there? How far is too far for small harvesters to go to be efficient

romars
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
I am also curious to know that and if exist a kind of storage ship that can stay near harvester to colect resources without doing those long routes to home

Ryland
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I've created a shipyard to allow me to colonize other planets to get more factories, but I'm finding it's taking a really long time to build the resources to be able to build a Colony Ship. I have a couple of outposts in neighboring sectors, but I only have small harvesters. With small harvesters gathering resources in all of my home solar system planets and a few outposts, I'm still only getting 1Ku/hour. Would it accelerate the harvesting to have multiple harvesters going to each planet?

Am I missing something, or is this how fast I can expect to mine and gather in this early phase?

Leedot
05-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Ok, here's the run down on the different resource gathering ships and their ranges / speeds:

Small Harvester 250u cargo capacity. Warp Speed 4min per sector. Main use is for in system resource collection
Harvester 1.5k cargo capacity, Warp Seed is for min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2k/hr planet from 6 squares away
Cargo Ship 3k cargo capacity. Warp Speed 3min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2.5k/hr planet from 12 squares away.
Freighter 5k cargo capacity. Warp Speed 2.4min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2.5k/hr planet from across a sector

shadowkhai
05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok, here's the run down on the different resource gathering ships and their ranges / speeds:

Small Harvester 250u cargo capacity. Warp Speed 4min per sector. Main use is for in system resource collection
Harvester 1.5k cargo capacity, Warp Seed is for min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2k/hr planet from 6 squares away
Cargo Ship 3k cargo capacity. Warp Speed 3min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2.5k/hr planet from 12 squares away.
Freighter 5k cargo capacity. Warp Speed 2.4min per tile. Can collect full capacity from a 2.5k/hr planet from across a sector

Quick someone copy/paste this to the wiki :)

PlayerOne
05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey Lee, what's the load-unload resources time for the different cargo ships? I'm trying to work out the formulae for quick-expansion and maximize efficiency.