PDA

View Full Version : The galaxy vanished!

Lavenders2
05-25-2012, 12:06 PM
This has happened to me twice now. When Aruru reset it was fixed, but now it has reverted.
What happens is the galaxy view (when fully zoomed out to the first layer you see when starting the game) occassionally the squares you are meant to see downright disappear entirely.
You can't select any tiles, although a blank one has an outline, and touching it does nothing.
This issue is solved by manually ressetting the app, otherwise it stays even after you have left the app or logged off and on your account.
Has anyone else seen this issue?

shadowkhai
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I kept experiencing the same thing and then realized it's because the universe is much smaller than say the test server, swipe around and you'll be able to find the "playing field".

As a suggestion I'd say when you go to the top level it should default to the section of the universe you're in being highlighted.

Lavenders2
05-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks, I didn't notice it was still there.
But it would be nice if the view automatically centred on the galaxy...

Leedot
05-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I noticed this one as well - which is bizarre as because I've played the game at a range of sizes and have never seen this happen until now. Anyhow, it's on the bug list as the expected behavior is that the map should autocenter and pinch zoom in / out.

zarkwizard
05-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Actually I noticed this one today. Here is what causes it...

If you were playing on the test server, then went to the game server the galaxy engine is not reset correctly so it has the last location of the prior galaxy map. If you scroll it around you will see the map. I have corrected this in the next release.