PDA

View Full Version : Actions how often?

Cazargar
05-25-2012, 05:20 PM
I really dig the idea of this game. At work now so I'll probably nab it when I get home. I do have a question about it though.

I'm a big fan of the persistent world play for 5 minutes every few hours kind of game. I am curious about how often I'll be checking my phone while playing this. Obviously its dependent on alot of things, what you have queued up, if you're in the middle of a big fight or what not, but on average would you say every half hour or every couple hours? Also, what about during the night? Is combat such that I could get rocked while I'm sleeping and lose a bunch of stuff that could have been prevented had I been awake and able to react?

Thanks for any response. Like I said I'm probably still gonna pick it up. These questions aren't make or break the game kind of things. I'm just curious about it.

Marked
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM
My experience so far is that early on im doing thinks about every 10 minutes and thats just because I am giving continous short exration routes to my probes and getting some basic stuff running. But that is probably only for the first hour. After that I check in once an hour to two hours to check on my probes and get my initial mining setup. Thats the first day after that then its easily ten minutes and then waiting for certain things to happen which can take several hours.

As for combat I couldn't say. I havent experienced any yet.

zarkwizard
05-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Micro management has it's place. if you are really crazy about managing your empire you can get pretty engaged especially in the later game. There is a certain delight (and I still get it today when I play) when you discover a system, or a player for the first time. Or the first time you see a probe in your sector that isn't yours...

I really love the challenge and in the early game I am not a fanatic, I'll just make sure stuff is moving, and I am working on grabbing nice planets. Terran are preferred, since you can have the best population on them. I generally focus on the solo game, and trading. Since I like to be a researcher. Nothing like collapsing a star for the first time in to a black hole.