PDA

View Full Version : More suggestions

surjl0827
05-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Hi again! I had some additional suggestions for the game.
I'm sure you guys here already thought of these things before, but I would definitely like to emphasize the importance of time! I'm sure that many of these things will be added gradually.

1.Everything is taking too long right now. With such long intervals between my choices, I have trouble remembering my plans/tactics.

It is also ridiculously boring when you are waiting for research or structures to be completed. Everything is too slow paced. It's good that everyone has to wait the same time and no one can pay to win. But when we are paying to play, we expect to be entertained. Waiting 24 hours for a structure to be finished then 24 hours later selecting a new building to construct is.... well, let's say it's not exactly attractive in the players' POV. We pay for 1 month let's say. We can really only play 2 times a day. We can log in any time we want but there is nothing we can do. Time scale has to be shortened greatly. GREATLY. Cut it down a lot please.

2.Research diversity: I've noticed already that research is very limited. There are so many categories and they don't really make me feel that I am achieving something. Details is important. Tiny little details.
I suggest a tree which is diverse and quick to develop. For instance:
Tier 1 Tier 2 (2 branches)
_ Basic Colonization (Allows you to colonize habitable alien worlds)
Alien Biology <
(root technology) _ Environmental Adaptation (Leads to farming and terraforming advances)

Tier 2 Tier 3
Aquatic World Colonization
Basic Colonization <
Advanced Metropolis
Genetic Modification
Environmental Adaptation <
Basic Terraforming

Aquatic World Colonization: Allows the full colonization of Aquatic worlds, granting you full potential of the planet's resources.

Advanced Metropolis: High density zoning of the population allows the worlds' under your control to house more citizens than average.

Genetic Modifications: Colonists are genetically modified to better suit the planet they will be settling. Population growth bonus. In addition, potential farmers bring genetically modified plants which have been modified to suit the planet's makeup. Income bonus.

Basic Terraforming: Basic terraforming technologies allow you to modify a planet's atmosphere to a more suitable state for living. For instance, cyanobacteria will be released into a CO2 atmosphere to produce large amounts of O2.

Add different propulsion systems. (Ion Drive, Pulse drive, Combustion rocket engines, Anti-matter thrusters, Nuclear engines, Solar sail)

Add tiers to jumpgates. (Mass driver, Trans-orbital accelerators, Jumpgate, Blackhole harnesser)

There should be many branches and advances should be quick.

3.Structure diversity
I only see like what, 8 structures in game? I'm certain you will be adding more in but here are some suggestions:

Space elevator: Allows your empire to build ship parts on the planet's surface, then transport it quickly into orbit to be put together in orbital shipyards for a cheap price.
Ship production increase, ship price decrease.

Military outpost: Increase ship ranges. Basically a shipyard away from a planet's orbit, allows you to create a staging area outside your empire's reach.

Sensor station: Increases range of view around the planet.

Different factories:
Advanced factories, Manufacturing centers etc

Science labs

Surface based defences

Different rapid traversion structures. Jump gates should have tiers.

4.Weapon choices
Showing simple damage outputs of ships are boring. Allow players to modify ships with weapons, so that different ships will be effective against different enemies.

For instance: A Destroyer equipped with Flak guns and burst cannons would be deadly against fighters.

A figther with heavy firing weapons would be more of a bomber for anti-capital ship warfare.
A fighter with rapid fire weapons on the other hand would be anti-fighter.

Some ideas:
Basic Mass Driver Basic Laser Beam
Highly magnetized rounds Mining laser
Advanced Mass Driver Intense laser focusing
Railgun Rapid Fire Lasers