PDA

View Full Version : sector numbers?

Supamand
05-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I had few ships lost messages due to an anomaly. The message also spits out coordinates such as 11164 or 864. I can't seam to find a way to track these coordinates on the map. Could someone please point me in the right direction please? ;)

zarkwizard
05-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Actually we will be changing this on the server, and in the next client there will be a button available to jump you to the sector.

Frell
06-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Another helpful addition for loss for ships due to anomaly might be to provide more info about which ship was lost. Instead of "Ship 1234" maybe "Harvester 1234" or "Probe 1234" so you have an idea about what you'll need to replace.

Royce
06-09-2012, 10:48 PM
The message also spits out coordinates such as 11164 or 864. I can't seam to find a way to track these coordinates on the map. Could someone please point me in the right direction please? ;)

The numbers seem to be simple grid numbering. If you consider every sector on the universe in one big grid, and number them from left to right, top to bottom (considering the top-right as top since the grid is diagonal), that seems to be where the SPARTAN grid references come from.

SG7
06-10-2012, 02:28 AM
It would be more readable to me if galaxy and sector number were presented.

Tsagoth
06-10-2012, 05:08 PM
The numbers seem to be simple grid numbering. If you consider every sector on the universe in one big grid, and number them from left to right, top to bottom (considering the top-right as top since the grid is diagonal), that seems to be where the SPARTAN grid references come from.

That's correct as seen from the client. I actually do it inverted and rotated on the server because apparently I learned to draw x/y differently from Z. He just recently showed me what he was doing to convert my reference to the client, so I will be updating SPARTAN to do so.