PDA

View Full Version : Orbital Shipyards

Tobias Greenich
05-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Can a planet have more than one orbital shipyard? I'm trying to build a second one, but I keep getting a failure error saying I have too many objects (I'm not near my limit yet) and that I need to build another shipyard.

ChickenHawk07
05-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I tried as well and got the same message. So that would lead me to believe you can only have one shipyard per colony you have. You can double their capacity by researching Advanced Shipyards.

ChickenHawk07
05-26-2012, 11:37 PM
This is straight from Zarkwizard from another thread: Zark "You can't have 2 ship yards at a single planet. Most of the orbitals only allow one, except for defense orbitals."

Cheerio
05-27-2012, 12:16 PM
^ I also believe there is a limit of 10 shipyards? please don't quote me on that, beta was a while ago. essentially if you want to maximize the ships / orbitals in your empire you will need some ranks of the first skill in fleet that gives 10 more ships per shipyard

zarkwizard
05-27-2012, 02:39 PM
^ I also believe there is a limit of 10 shipyards? please don't quote me on that, beta was a while ago. essentially if you want to maximize the ships / orbitals in your empire you will need some ranks of the first skill in fleet that gives 10 more ships per shipyard

You can have 1 shipyard at any planet that supports a colony.