PDA

View Full Version : Probes multi path or waypoints?

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Is there a way to set waypoints for a probe?

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Haha, I just asked/suggested the same thing in the Suggestions Forum. As far as I can tell, there is currently no way to set way points.

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Yes, I saw your suggestion right after I wrote this question.

I think it should have way points even if the trade off is that a probe is destroyed after so many trips etc.

I do not like having to micro manage probes so much.

zarkwizard
05-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Yes, I saw your suggestion right after I wrote this question.

I think it should have way points even if the trade off is that a probe is destroyed after so many trips etc.

I do not like having to micro manage probes so much.

Ok, I don't want to give away any trade secrets or tips on the best methods to uncover sectors. Just imagine if you had 25 probes, and lined them all up and flew them around the map. Start at one spot, and have them go all the way across all the sectors to the other side of the galaxy.. Imagine how that could work..

It becomes pretty easy to uncover the map. You may lose a couple of probes here and there to black holes, but it really reduces the amount of micromanagement you need to do.

That's my 2 cents..

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 03:48 AM
I am probably just dense but wouldn't that mean I have to give 25 orders over and over again every few minutes?

If there is a secret feel free to PM me :cool:

Balian
05-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Would also required significant investments in unit allocation, though 25 scouts that use waypoints would benefit even more perhaps? Everything aside I personally use said method, but I only advance the scout line so far, not only for cautions sake, but because I like clicking on the units... gives me time to enjoy the awesome music and daydream about what shall come. :)

Marked
05-27-2012, 07:53 AM
As to above you dont have to select each sector individually to scan. Probes will scan sectors as they pass through them. I'll let you think about that.

UMMMM....Loose one to a black hole. What black holes.
(starts counting probes)

Anybody seeen a black hole?