PDA

View Full Version : Galaxies, sectors etc?

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 02:20 AM
I am a little confused in how the map works.

My home planet is at a star system. On the map would this be considered a sector?

How many players can start in this area? Then I am thinking that there is a larger map where other players live? How do i get to the areas? Is that a special tech?

zarkwizard
05-27-2012, 03:21 AM
There are 3 levels to the map.

Top level (When you first log in) is referred to as the Galaxy level. If you double tap a galaxy location you will then drop down to the sector level, this is always a 25x25 map. If you then double tap a sector on the sector map you will go to the system level. This level is where you will see the planets.

You can fly anywhere you want on the map. If you click a ship and go all the way to the galaxy map, you can click on any location and go to that locations sector map then set a destination there. Your ship will fly there, assuming you aren't trying to fly through the core (center of the galaxy level)

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 03:52 AM
How do I get back to the galaxy level of the map?

I have tried clicking the map icon in top right corner but seems to bring me to an empty page.

I also tying double clicking on 25 x 25 sector map but that did not do anything.

I did learn by experiment that I can move off the edge of the 25 x 25 sector map to another galaxy section.

Balian
05-27-2012, 06:55 AM
I could be wrong about this, but I originally had thought I had the same sort of issue when right clicking the level up icon, that is the map appeared blank. After a while I realized that I was simply off to the side and could find the galaxy level map by scrolling up and right. Hope that helps. :)

Marked
05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Yes, depending on server size the galaxy level may be small. The game doesn't center that map. Something I am sure they have on the list to do. Just take your finger and scroll aroud.

If your going up levels in your map thats the upper right button. Going down just requires you to double tap the section of map. If it's not working try rebooting the game. I have had that issue once or twice.

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the replies!

:)