PDA

View Full Version : I'm freaking out with the servers being down.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 09:53 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't cold start again!!!!!

We really need some place we can go and see a Server Status. Because as it stands right now, I'm unable to log in to either of the competive servers, and I don't know if it is just a local outage and others are able to get a leg up on the competition. Or is it a worldwide outage? I'm definitely hoping it is down everywhere. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.

CoreySr
05-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah this really suck.. I really love this game and want to support the debs but this is really going to hurt player populations. How many people do you think are going to keep checking to see if they can play the game or just give up and play something else?

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Agreed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Space_Doogie
05-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Let's get those servers up, I have a trade route to set with ChickenHawk! In all seriousness, a server list with a status report would be very helpful.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 01:09 PM
^ Yeah, it would ease a lot of anxiety, knowing the server is down for routein maintenance, or other planned outages. Rather than thinking the server has crashed or the game has been cold started.

Nemico
05-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Yep I agree. This is getting quite old and annoying!

zarkwizard
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
We are looking in to the situation. We have been working on some changes to the servers to try and increase the up time, but it would seem Aruru & Irkalla are the one affected with this outage. Obviously some of the code changes we made have had the wrong effect. We only implemented the changes on those 2 servers to test.

We'll work on this issue today and see if we can get it resolved. We promise we are doing everything in our power to resolve the issues.

Nemico
05-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the response. I hope Irkalla doesn't get reset like Aruru.

Tsagoth
05-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the response. I hope Irkalla doesn't get reset like Aruru.

No, there should not be any resetting going on. Unfortunately with just two guys we can't cover all time zones. Today will be dedicated to getting the watchdogs tuned.

Strongbad
05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
A little notice saying, server is down from a to b for example would be nice...then not starting it before then, no matter how fixed it is?

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Man, so apparently with this latest server outage, which I count at approximately 8 hours, time stood still in the game. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE figure out a way to send out automatic server status reports. I've been up since 5:30 EST wondering what the hell happened. I even got to the point that I thought you all were caught in a fire, that got you two as well as the servers.

ColfaxJones
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I can't imagine they'd reset a server 5 days in, that would cause a huge uproar. I think a lesson was learned about a backup after Akuru was reset after a day.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, apparently the servers are down again. At least on Irkalla for sure.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Irkalla is down, but Aruru is up. Hopefully it isn't down long.

Leedot
05-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Everything is up now btw. Also, it's worth mentioning that what Tsagoth means by getting the watched dogs tuned is that we're setting up an automated monitoring system that will get the servers back online if something should go wrong so we'll have a lot less down time.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Everything is up now btw. Also, it's worth mentioning that what Tsagoth means by getting the watched dogs tuned is that we're setting up an automated monitoring system that will get the servers back online if something should go wrong so we'll have a lot less down time.

That's great! Especially since it seems like the the servers have been going down late at night, when I assume you sleep. You do sleep right? ;-) So any automated help for the servers is a great thing for all of us users.

Tsagoth
05-27-2012, 11:47 PM
The watchdogs are working fairly well now although there are a couple of conditions that they can't catch. After much staring at 200MB trace files today and and some patching, several of the worst errors have been fixed now, I think. At least on Irkulla. I haven't patched the others yet since they aren't showing any symptoms.

There is still a serious deadlock problem the source of which has yet to be discovered.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Great update. Thanks. I suppose a Deadlock is what's been occurring in the late hours and is responsible for the dead servers? Oh and I saw a popup for a Hotstart notification. What's a Hotstart?

Tsagoth
05-28-2012, 12:15 AM
A hotstart is when I bounce the server to pick up code patches and it just loads fast.