PDA

View Full Version : Outposts replaced by colony ships of different player?

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I just had this happen. I thought I was saving places by grabbing outposts and a colony ship can simply grab it away?

Does not even let me see who it was.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Woah, really? Well, I guess it's because the Colony ship is much bigger, and carries 1 million people with it, versus what little the Outpost has to defend itself. But that's a good thing to know. Sucks you had to find out the hard way.

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Leedot posted this in another thread about Outposts:

Outposts have a small amount of defense but it's really only enough to take on one or two destroyers. It's definitely recommended that you deploy some ships / defensive structures to protect them. As for what you can defend them with other than combat ships you have a couple options. 1. Mine Emplacement (T1 Trade) allows you to create a ship that you can move to any location and then convert it to an immobile mine field.
2. If you have both Cruisers (T2 Fleet) and Orbital Defenses (T1 Combat) then you can convert a cruiser into an Orbital Beam Array at an outpost. There's a similar combo with Advanced Orbital Defenses (t2 Combat) and Armed Command (T3 Fleet). It looks like the the description of those combos weren't included in the tech description so I'll updated that in the future.

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
But you should be told it happened somehow. And should know who the player is.

Leedot
05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Did you not receive a battle report in your email?

ChickenHawk07
05-27-2012, 09:36 PM

I thought reports were disabled for the time being?

GeeWhiz
05-27-2012, 10:13 PM

No report.

Saw that my sector with the planet changed from blue to red.

Balian
05-28-2012, 01:28 AM
This is good to know indeed :)

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 04:04 AM
I just had this happen. I thought I was saving places by grabbing outposts and a colony ship can simply grab it away?

Does not even let me see who it was.

That doesn't sound right. I'll look into it.