PDA

View Full Version : Server start times

CoreySr
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry for the noob question but are the start times your local time? I work third shift so I haven't got to start one on time yet.

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I don't know. Time is sent to the client as GMT, and afaik the phone displays it as your local time. If not, then yes, start times are my local timezone which is EDT, or GMT-4 (I think).

VanderLegion
05-30-2012, 04:32 AM
I think what he meant was do you base the start time of the new servers on your own time zone. So far from what I've seen it looks like they've all started at the same time of day, so for some people, like the OP, who can't play during that time, they start off several hours behind everyone else (which may not be a big problem over the course of a two month game, but I haven't played enough to be able to say yet). It might be worth setting up some of the games as it goes along to start at different times of day so people in such situations can be around at game start.

Tsagoth
05-31-2012, 03:12 AM
Ahhh, ok. The first game was launched at 1500 and I was just by default launching them at 24 or 48 hour intervals. I like to be around when they launch, just in case, but there's no real reason it has to be in my afternoon. After Ninhursag launches I'll move the start time to say 0800 EDT.