Peaceful player: green
Embargoed player: yellow
Enemy player: red

zarkwizard
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Where would you want this displayed?

AntiHaze
05-28-2012, 06:24 PM
The sector and system level maps. Anywhere I can see ships or orbitals, I would like to be able to distinguish them from me without clicking on anything.

shadowkhai
05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Along this same line in the diplomacy screen it'd be great if the peace icon were blue, embargo yellow and war red. It's too easy to overlook the one war setting out of all the peaces as you scroll by otherwise.

Seris
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Does this apply to probes as well? Because it seems like every probe I highlight, it's almost always red--and I know the player, they're at peace with me.

AntiHaze
05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Does this apply to probes as well? Because it seems like every probe I highlight, it's almost always red--and I know the player, they're at peace with me.

I would like to see it applied to every ship and orbital. Just render the paint on them a different colour to reflect that object's diplomatic status relative to you. It's just little things like this that make information easier to gather at a glance. Like "Hey that guy's red, I'd better steer clear of him," or "what's that yellow guy doing hanging out in my system?"

Cazargar
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Looking at the ships this could work for some, but be less noticeable/effective on others. Some ships have a good amount of color on them like the Resource Harvester or a Cruiser, but things like Freighters or Colony Ships would have to have these color sections added to their image as they don't seem to have any at all currently.

The square around a highlighted unit though could definitely reflect diplomatic status though.

AntiHaze
05-30-2012, 04:50 PM
The square around a highlighted unit though could definitely reflect diplomatic status though.

Good call. This is especially relevant considering those playing on iPods are playing at a lower resolution than those playing on iPhone 4's and up.

Noah David
06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I also think that colors need to be added and unified. The square around a ship when you click on it would be ideal.

Blue for my stuff, Green for peace, Yellow for embargo, and Red for Enemy.

That would be the easiest way IMO.

zarkwizard
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
This one has been added to the dev list. Thanks for the suggestions.