PDA

View Full Version : 2k resource planet

Supamand
05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Has anyone found a 2k resource planet yet? How rare are they?!?

romars
05-29-2012, 02:53 PM
None till now 1k max i found

ChickenHawk07
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I haven't found anything over 1k either. But I think it has something to do wih Tech research as well. You can increase your Production a lot with some of the science Tech.

ChickenHawk07
05-29-2012, 04:55 PM
The reason I think it has to do with Tech is, when you scout a planet you'll see something like 900/45. 900 CO/45 RO per hour. But then when you colonize or outpost it, it goes down to like 900/8. I have the first Tech level of Rare Material Gathering, and I would put money on it that my RO output would increase up to a max of 45 on said planet if I maxed out that tech.

ravenzachary
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
1k is the max listed for any planet for Common Ore (CU).

Supamand
05-30-2012, 03:11 AM
I think it could be a bug, because I notice a significant difference in some planets. Heck! I got this one planet 6 sectors away from my main, it generates so much CO that I need to use two harvesters to keep up with the income! But it still shows only 1k...

mischmi
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
is it max1k? because planet guide tells some are >1k. as asked in another thread why a gas dwarf has like 10-40 but planet guide = MIN 250! Does research the right tech change that?

It seems we really need a good documentation with all these confusing things.

ChickenHawk07
05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I figured out how the resources and the tech that influences their production. When you first click on a planet, before acquiring it, it shows a high number, say 900/45. That is the Max output the clanet can produce. Which is why when you acquire it (depending on speciality) the numbers, usually only the RO, go way down. and now when you start researching Advanced Materials Collection you start opening up the Planet's production. When it says for non Trader you get a 3% bump of RO per level, that is actually 3% of the Max value, not 3% of what it is currently producing. So it is definitely beneficial to upgrade your AMC tech.

Wrath
05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I think it could be a bug, because I notice a significant difference in some planets. Heck! I got this one planet 6 sectors away from my main, it generates so much CO that I need to use two harvesters to keep up with the income! But it still shows only 1k...
I thought we could only use one harvester per planet...

ChickenHawk07
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
No, you can have as many on a planet as you like. But it only makes sense to have more than one per planet if it is making more than your one harvester can take from it in an hour.

VanderLegion
05-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Trading you can only have 1 trade route per other players planet (though you can have multiple to the same planet of yours). Harvesting you can have as many harvesters as you want per planet (though obviously there's a max number that'll be beneficial and the rest are just a waste of objects after)

Wrath
05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Okay - gotcha, thanks guys. My confusion was because I had read that to set up a trade route was the same procedure as harvesting, lol.

ChickenHawk07
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Okay - gotcha, thanks guys. My confusion was because I had read that to set up a trade route was the same procedure as harvesting, lol.

Yeah, that part in the tutorial is super confusing. It's not at all like Harvesting. You have to actually fly your ship into the orbit of the planet you want to trade with and then you get the trade icon to appear. Harvesting you just select Source Planet and Destination planet and the ship does the rest.

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 08:56 PM

They'll be fairly rare I think. When the universe spawns, planets are given a base resource value. This is then modified by the type(colour) of star for that system. This is then further modified by the planet's size and its spin rate, which are random values. Looking at the tables, the Water planet is the only one that can spawn full size. So small, slow spinning planets will have low production rates.

Supamand
05-30-2012, 10:25 PM

They'll be fairly rare I think. When the universe spawns, planets are given a base resource value. This is then modified by the type(colour) of star for that system. This is then further modified by the planet's size and its spin rate, which are random values. Looking at the tables, the Water planet is the only one that can spawn full size. So small, slow spinning planets will have low production rates.

Wow! So the planet size was almost an obvious give away in early testing. But I did also notice the resource impact in planets that rotate at a different speed. The star color was the only theory I haven't made observations on.

So wait. You are saying that it's impossible to find a planet that will produce 2500CO (as listed on a planet guide for fire and sand planets)?

Supamand
05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Do you think it's possible to at least show at least 1 decimal place in planets income? So you could see if it's producing 1.1k or 1.9k CO?

ravenzachary
05-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Do you think it's possible to at least show at least 1 decimal place in planets income? So you could see if it's producing 1.1k or 1.9k CO?

Agreed - 1k Rare Ore could mean 1.0k or 1.9k and that's a very different set of numbers.

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 10:53 PM
So wait. You are saying that it's impossible to find a planet that will produce 2500CO (as listed on a planet guide for fire and sand planets)?

It would appear so. Using my Magic Calculator I think the peak will be 1750 or thereabouts.

Supamand
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM

It would appear so. Using my Magic Calculator I think the peak will be 1750 or thereabouts.

Thanks for clarifying.

Tsagoth
06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
I will be changing the scaling and spin rates such that 2K planets will be possible, and it will be retroactive on the current games. Probably in a few days.

ChickenHawk07
06-01-2012, 02:54 AM
"Spin rate"? Does that have anything to do with how fast you see a
Planet is spinning? If so, is this a better indicator for
Determining a planet's resources, without actually clicking on the planet?

Supamand
06-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Well apparently it's part of the formula ;)
I did notice that faster spinning planets can give better resources.

One thing I'm curious about now is the effect of star color on the planets.

Tsagoth
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Star colour is a very mild effect. Size and spin matter more.