PDA

View Full Version : hidden "combos"

mischmi
05-29-2012, 06:37 PM
please list all combos of tech like

orbital defence with forward fleet lets you
build an orbital energy beam array with cruisers.

Thats important to know in early stage because otherwise a player will destroy your outpost and build a fleet of these arrays afterwards with just cruisers. And its cost many ressources to get them back or is impossible if more than one is build at each planet. And it seems the cruisers get converted in no time??!

Leedot
05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
The next client release has those combos listed in the skill descriptions. But the only one other than the one you just mentioned is that if you have Armed Command and Advanced Orbital Defenses you can convert Battleships into Missle Defense Platforms.

There's no delay on the conversion process since Cruisers cost more to build than Energy Arrays and it's a permanent conversion so once they're converted into an energy array / missle platform they can't be moved from that planet.

JetJaguar2000
05-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Can you do this conversion at a planet you don't own and/or have a colony at? In other words, does this allow you to have orbitals around non-colony planets?

Leedot
05-29-2012, 07:31 PM
You have to own the planet but it can be either a colony or an outpost. In the case Mischmi describes it sounds like someone attacked their outpost, took ownership of it, and then converted some of their cruisers into energy arrays to secure their newly conquered outpost.

mischmi
05-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Yes thats what happening. Frustrating because you cant do anything. Just wait for the tech and hope to reclaim.

JetJaguar2000
06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I finally got around to trying this with battle cruisers and Advanced Orbital Defenses and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Are you sure this isn't bugged? The cruiser to laser array conversion works fine.

VanderLegion
06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I finally got around to trying this with battle cruisers and Advanced Orbital Defenses and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Are you sure this isn't bugged? The cruiser to laser array conversion works fine.
I believe its battleships you can convert, not battle cruisers.

JetJaguar2000
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Oh snap, hah. That was an unfortunate allocation of research time then!