PDA

View Full Version : Tech/Object descriptions need clarity and fixes

Royce
05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
A few examples:

Cloaking has a -50% speed penalty, but +10% per rank. With 9 possible ranks, does this mean a cloaked ship with the tech maxed would actually be faster than uncloaked?

Graviton Physics mysteriously states just "+1 star per rank". WTH does that mean? :P Does it mean that you can be working on multiple taps simultaneously or just total taps? Hopefully not the latter since researchers need 12 to win and there are only 9 ranks.

Counterfeiting has a 10% reduction in trade partner take per rank. With 9 ranks that should mean with the tech maxed, your partner gets -40%. Is that true, and if so what does it mean? Do they lose resources in the transaction?

There are many references to a carrier ship, yet I see none and see no tech to unlock one. It is implied that it is a capital ship and not supercapital, so I'm guessing it's not warlord only.

Similar deal with the freighter. There is a tech to build them, but I don't see the ship. If it only appears when unlocked, why do so many other ships that must be unlocked appear from the start?

What is the deal with warp speed and regular speed. Ships seem to warp everywhere they go, even when just moving from one side of a planet to another.

We should be able to see all ship details, including speed by tapping a ship. I shouldn't have to find a colony, go to my factories to the build screen just to see complete ship details.

The Battleship says it requires the strike fleet tech, but strike fleet says it allows battle cruisers to be built. Armed command says it allows battleships.

When a tech bonus applies to all ships, does that cover orbitals as well?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but it's kind of a jumble of bugs and suggestions.

ChickenHawk07
05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I have the freighter in my Factory build list. I am a Trader, so it's possible that the Freighter is a Trader only ship.

JetJaguar2000
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, where is the cloaking tech? I only see cloaked orbitals, nothing for ships. Is this Warlord only or something?

Royce
05-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I have the freighter in my Factory build list. I am a Trader, so it's possible that the Freighter is a Trader only ship.

If so the tech should state that. If I research a tech that says I will be able to build a ship, I better be able to build that ship when I'm done ;)

Just out of curiosity, where is the cloaking tech? I only see cloaked orbitals, nothing for ships. Is this Warlord only or something?

Tier 5 Science for my researcher. Seems like it would be more useful for a Warlord, but maybe it's researcher only.

Royce
05-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Another thing that's been bugging me, but I forgot to mention. I thought ship speeds were all messed up until I realized that higher value means slower speed. Either that should be stated somewhere obvious or the speed numbers should be converted to something more intuitive.

AntiHaze
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
In the Combat skills tab, under "Advanced Orbital Defences", it says that it "replaces mine emplacement". Does that mean I don't need to research Mine Emplacement (a trade skill) and can just get this skill to unlock both Missile Defence Platforms AND Mine Drones?

AntiHaze
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Also, in the case of mine drones, there are stats given for neither the strength of the drone itself, nor the mines it places.