PDA

View Full Version : Mammetum server

Acerebel
05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I also Posted in the general section but i was signed up for play on the Mammetum server... The game start time has come and gone and I am not on this server. it is now asking me to wait to play on another server... so there goes 2 days of my prepaid game time... can this be fixed or am I doomed to wait 3 more days?

Royce
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Mammetum just started sometime in the last hour I believe, and it is nowhere near full. I have to guess that you were not actually signed up. The server selection screen is somewhat glitchy and it's quite easy to remove yourself from a server. They said somewhere that they are going to improve it. Basically, you want to make sure you see a little planet icon on the server to make sure you are signed up.

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm very sorry but I can't do anything about it. The controller is very primitive and I have no way of modifying the access lists for games at the moment.

Acerebel
05-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Mammetum just started sometime in the last hour I believe, and it is nowhere near full. I have to guess that you were not actually signed up. The server selection screen is somewhat glitchy and it's quite easy to remove yourself from a server. They said somewhere that they are going to improve it. Basically, you want to make sure you see a little planet icon on the server to make sure you are signed up.

Nope I was signed up I even took a pic of the home screen showing that i could join the server... that doesn't happen unless you have signed up for it!

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I will have a look, but without code changes I don't think I can get you in.

Supamand
05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
I will have a look, but without code changes I don't think I can get you in.

What is the point of locking servers after start time?

Tsagoth
05-31-2012, 02:41 AM
When the game spawns the launcher tells it how many players will be joining. The game then spawns the universe based on that player count and creates the homeworld systems which are fixed in number. If more players were allowed to join after the start, there would not be any place to put them.

Any change to the launching system requires changes to the proxy servers, the launcher and the game servers. It's not trivial to modify and I'm just not touching it for now.