PDA

View Full Version : Outpost Atk/Def

Supamand
05-30-2012, 10:34 PM
This one question that I can't get a clear answer for! Lol
What is Atk/def of an outpost? And does a planet type have any impact on it?

Tsagoth
05-30-2012, 10:47 PM
I believe it is 11/35 and no, the planet type has no effect.

ravenzachary
05-31-2012, 12:02 AM
It's quite easy to take an opponent's mining colony, but then again, your opponent can do the same. Sparring over mining colonies might bring a quick sense of victory, but it creates a long-term headache with very little gained by either party.

Supamand
05-31-2012, 02:20 AM
I believe it is 11/35 and no, the planet type has no effect.

Thanks!

By the way, you guys need to fix the effect when a player takes over an outpost with a colony ship. Prompt a war declaration! Because right now the outpost looses without the battle and the player is still in the peace status.

Tsagoth
05-31-2012, 02:45 AM
You don't change to war status until you attack him twice.

ChickenHawk07
05-31-2012, 03:06 AM
Tsagoth, I've noticed this as well. I've attacked someone 5 times in Aruru and my relationship status did not change. I had to physically change it to War myself.

Tsagoth
05-31-2012, 03:22 AM
hmm. Noted.

ravenzachary
05-31-2012, 03:22 AM
This sounds like a bug. Did you report it? During beta, the 2x attack rule flipped the status automatically.

Supamand
05-31-2012, 04:17 AM
Good to know about the status flip. But what about my units not fighting back during an attack?
Maybe that causes a lot of the issues where players loose their planets to a harvester, because planets are not defending them selves?

Tsagoth
05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
The patch a couple days ago should have fixed planets not fighting back. If you know otherwise, submit a bug with an SS of the planet, tell me the server and roughly when it happened. I can then go pull logs and play the fight back.

Daemonic Daz
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I've been attacking someone and I know their planet has been wiping me. Maybe a single instance of bizarre behaviour?

Supamand
06-01-2012, 12:53 AM
The patch a couple days ago should have fixed planets not fighting back. If you know otherwise, submit a bug with an SS of the planet, tell me the server and roughly when it happened. I can then go pull logs and play the fight back.

Does that also applies when someone lands a colony ship on your outpost? Or was that bug fixed?

ChickenHawk07
06-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Does that also applies when someone lands a colony ship on your outpost? Or was that bug fixed?

I know Zark or Lee stated that Colony ships have a fairly high ATK/DEF compared to early attack vessels in the game. And with them fixing the mitigating damage bonuses on under 100Mu planets, I'd say a Colony ship,could still take an undefended Outpost no problem.

Royce
06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
I know Zark or Lee stated that Colony ships have a fairly high ATK/DEF compared to early attack vessels in the game. And with them fixing the mitigating damage bonuses on under 100Mu planets, I'd say a Colony ship,could still take an undefended Outpost no problem.

If an outpost has 11 attack and 35 defense and a colony ship is 22 attack and 38 defense as its description states, then the colony ship would seem to be stronger. Personally I think that should be tweaked to at least make them equal. Seems like a colony ship should need at least a bit of help to take on an entire planet, even an outpost.

Supamand
06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
I sent a colony ship to a rock planet of a player I was in war with. The ship was destroyed as soon as in entered planets orbit.

ChickenHawk07
06-01-2012, 02:04 AM
I sent a colony ship to a rock planet of a player I was in war with. The ship was destroyed as soon as in entered planets orbit.

And your status with said player was set to War? It doesn't automatically switch to War, at least not in Aruru.

Royce
06-01-2012, 02:05 AM

Hidden minefield perhaps?

Leedot
06-01-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm assuming it looked like it was an undefended outpost?

Supamand
06-01-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm assuming it looked like it was an undefended outpost?
That is correct, there were no ships or objects around the outpost at time. I actually had no idea that I was in war with the guy, untill I saw it in the diplomacy menu (after my ship went BOOM).