PDA

View Full Version : Trading issue

shadowkhai
05-31-2012, 04:18 AM
I sent a bunch of trade ships to a partner's planet with the intention of setting up trade routes from his one planet to a number of mine. After setting up the first one, the trade button no longer shows up for any of my other trade ships at the planet.

I submitted a bug report - #741

VanderLegion
05-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Ditto, never been able to set up more than a single trade route to another players planet.

AntiHaze
05-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Just posted this too.

http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthread.php?654-Maximum-number-of-trade-routes-with-another-player-s-planet

countermind
05-31-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't think this is a bug. Trades routes from other players planets can only be established once. You can only have one each of your ships trade with planet A and B from an ally, but they can both bring resources to planet Z, controlled by you.

shadowkhai
05-31-2012, 11:36 AM
The way it was described to me is the only restriction on trading is no more than one route between any two specific planets.

Also what I'm trying to accomplish is basically your example in reverse. Trying to establish routes from my A and B to his Z

shadowkhai
05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
So this morning I go to check in and it allows me to do one more trade route before going back to the trade button being missing from options again.

shadowkhai
06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Again, I was able to set up one additional trade route before it shut out the rest of my ships, so obviously something is resetting whatever is causing the hang up. Not sure if it's a certain amount of time or a day change, but the issue persists.

Space_Doogie
06-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I've only seen 1 route open to any planet, but setting a route using the harvesting buttons has kept them busy. If I I could rename my ships, I could tell a lot easier which ships are actually carrying out the route.

Leedot
06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
This is a bug - it's on the list of issues to look at we just haven't made it there yet.

AntiHaze
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
This is a bug - it's on the list of issues to look at we just haven't made it there yet.

For traders, this needs to be fixed ASAP. Our strategies kind of depend on it :S

Royce
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Now wait, what exactly is the bug? The tutorial video (not they they haven't been wrong before :p ) says you can only have 1:1 trading relationships between planets. So I'm assuming that means anyone who has set up more than one route with any planet is seeing the bug, not people who can't, or is that backwards? If you can have a trade relationship between another players planet and two of your own, that would be 1:2, not 1:1, and of you can have routes from two opponent planets to the same planet of yours, then that would be 2:1, not 1:1. How exactly is this supposed to work?

Leedot
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
The tutorial does explain this correctly, though I think the initial diagram is probably what's confusing the issue here. The rule is each player can only have one trade route between any two planets, so you can't have 50 harvesters going between the same two planets. You can however have multiple trade routes that connect to a single planet so long as they all originate from different planets.

Royce
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
The tutorial does explain this correctly
Really? Maybe I'm just dumb, but this:

You can however have multiple trade routes that connect to a single planet so long as they all originate from different planets.
Sounds quite contrary to what the video says:

when trading with another player, you may only have one trade vessel assigned per planet. So if youre trading with player A, and player A has 5 planets, you can create five trade routes, one per planet.
If I understand you correctly, that number should be 5 routes times the number of planets you own.

VanderLegion
06-01-2012, 09:33 PM
For traders, this needs to be fixed ASAP. Our strategies kind of depend on it :S

Agreed. My plan was to set up as many trade routes as I possibly could to all my planets to maximize my income. It severely limits me when I can only do 1 trade route per other players planet.

Leedot
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
No Royce, it's more likely that I need to be more clear in the description of how it works. What I was trying to say is that you can have 5 trade routes. One from your planet to each of their five planets.

shadowkhai
06-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Basically, to sum up, if I have 3 planets and my partner has 3 planets, I should be able to set up 9 total trade routes between all our planets.

Tsagoth
06-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Basically, to sum up, if I have 3 planets and my partner has 3 planets, I should be able to set up 9 total trade routes between all our planets.

Yes. I had Lee explain it to me yesterday and it's on my whiteboard: "20 A can trade with 1 B. 1 A can trade with xx players"

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 01:45 AM
I think you all need to change the Diplomacy back to the way the Tutorial says the default is. Right now all players are at peace, and you can't change your diplomacy status until you've encountered a person. So as it stands right now, I could have a harvester trading with every single person in the game (once I find their colonies) and their colonies, unless they actively embargo me.

So I think it needs to be Embargo as default.

Leedot
06-04-2012, 01:58 AM
The next server update will set everyone to embargo as the default.

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 02:12 AM
The next server update will set everyone to embargo as the default.

Ok awesome! Thanks for the quick response :-)

shadowkhai
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Any update on the time frame of when the setting up multiple trade routes will be fixed? It's a huge burden on Trading.

Tsagoth
06-06-2012, 01:38 AM
No time frame yet, I need a block of time to be able to investigate what is going on.