PDA

View Full Version : Trader vs. Warlord

TheWhiteLights
05-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello everyone, how can a not-so-good-at-combat trader be able to defend himself against an almighty-fleet-with-awesome-dreadnaughts warlord? :D

Brechnor
05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I have been reliably informed that traders are more dangerous in early game.
It shows on the ship construction time, use that to your advantage and overwhelm your opponent with sheer numbers. If you research advanced shipyards to increase your ship limit you could literally have hundreds of ships in a weeks time.

See what a warlord can do about THAT!

zarkwizard
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Actually during beta it was shown that in the early game traders are much more deadly. Since they have decreased build times, and they have control of RO. On the flip side a Warlord has meager means to acquire RO. If they train the skill at 3% per rank the most they will ever acquire is 27%, where as by rank 2 a trader is at 30%.

A trader will always be able to produce ships faster than the warlord and be able to zerg rush them. Where as a warlord needs to focus on powerful ships that take some time to build. Mind you if they have a couple of planet killers in their fleet even a zerg army might not do too much. Get behind their lines and the warlord would be in trouble.

ChickenHawk07
05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
What's a "Zerg" rush?

AntiHaze
05-31-2012, 03:07 PM
What's a "Zerg" rush?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/zerg-rush

TheWhiteLights
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Interesting to know, I did not realize the power of the traders yet. I don't randomly attack players anyway. :D