PDA

View Full Version : Science

Corinthian
05-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Is there any research or orbital or anything besides being a researcher that speeds up science?

What exactly do science station orbitals do? It mentions increaing labour so does that mean the factories work faster??

Anyone out there know?

Corinthian
06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Really? No one has any info on this? Devs? Anything you can tell us to fill in this hole of collective knowledge?

Leedot
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
There's no way to speed up research times other than the initial bonus you receive for being a researcher. The science station doesn't do anything at the moment - it previously had a purpose but after several systems changed it stopped functioning. We'll pull it from the game until it has a role again.

Theodotus
06-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Wish I'd known that before I built several of them. Ah, well . . . .

banjankri
06-02-2012, 04:35 AM
There's no way to speed up research times other than the initial bonus you receive for being a researcher. The science station doesn't do anything at the moment - it previously had a purpose but after several systems changed it stopped functioning. We'll pull it from the game until it has a role again.

Seriously?

Is there still a beta label on this game that I'm not seeing someplace?

Royce
06-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Seriously?

Is there still a beta label on this game that I'm not seeing someplace?

No, but nearly every iOS MMO is faced with at least a few significant issues at release and tons of little ones, partly due to Apple's very restrictive beta allowances. They have acknknowledged there are some problems and are giving all early adopters a free month extension on subscriptions: http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/content.php?162-Free-Month

Also, just FYI, don't bother with the Fleet Headquarters either ;)