PDA

View Full Version : Question About Counterfeiting and Money Laundering

Royce
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
So, according to the description of Counterfeiting, it can change the opposing players take from trade to as low as -40%, meaning they would lose resources. Money laundering of course makes it impossible for people to block someone from trading with them. Does this mean there is no way to keep a trader from bleeding you dry of resources other than investing in at least 4 ranks of contracts management?

Leedot
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Flag the offending party as 'war' and make sure you have some ships in orbit of your planet to attack their harvesters when they're trying to load up. There are other options as well - create a black hole so they can't enter your system, take the fight to them directly, or as you said invest in contracts management.

Royce
06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Ah thanks. I hadn't considered that, even though they could still trade with a status of war, they would not be immune to attack from any ships at the planet. I'm assuming planetary, ground based defenses would not attack or money laundering would be useless, but what about orbital defense platforms, would they attack the trade vessel under a status of war, evn if the other player had money laundering? Even then, if they have mercantile diplomacy, they would still be able to trade without being attacked at least sometimes. Speaking of which, that skill says AI ships will not attack some percent of the time. When techs refer to all ships, does that include orbital defenses or not?

Supamand
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I thought you can't loose any resources in the trade. Even tutorial says so....

AntiHaze
06-02-2012, 01:43 AM
I thought it was -10% off 50%. So 45%. And then 40%, and so on.

Royce
06-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Afaik it's 10% per rank off the grand total. So 9 ranks, 90% off of your initial 50% cut would be -40%.