PDA

View Full Version : What are anomalies?

KyleMac
06-02-2012, 03:09 AM
What are anomalies exactly? I managed to explore my whole home galaxy without running into any but everywhere else my probes are lucky to last 12 hours.

Supamand
06-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Yeh, I find tons of those in central galaxies. Devs said that those could be black holes or hostile alliance. I wasn't able to survive any yet, but have an assumption that within those anomalies you will find artifacts!

Tsagoth
06-02-2012, 07:30 PM
There are essentially two kinds of anomaly: natural and not. Natural is things like blackholes where low-tech ships just vanish. Unnatural is where low-tech ships vanish without notice, because they were trespassing and had no chance to get off a warning before they became dust.

ChickenHawk07
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
There are essentially two kinds of anomaly: natural and not. Natural is things like blackholes where low-tech ships just vanish. Unnatural is where low-tech ships vanish without notice, because they were trespassing and had no chance to get off a warning before they became dust.

Ie: Aliens. No, seriously...

BAC33
06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Ok, I think I have narrowed down a sector where my ships just keep disappearing. All I get is the standard notice about an there being an anomaly. I have hyperspace tech and can see other black holes but there is nothing showing at this sector. So, I have tons of questions and any hints would be appreciated

1) Do stealth orbitals get reported as anomalies ?

2) Would sending a mass of probes there stand any chance of exposing the anomaly?

3) If it is an alien alliance, does anyone have any recommendations how to proceed or what it may take ship wise to survive the little buggers?

ChickenHawk07
06-30-2012, 06:07 PM
From what I've read, the center of the galaxy is full of Aliens and it's more a matter of having enough skill points. I havent seen anything on what the magic number is though. And no, sending in a Mass Force won't work either. I sent in 350 Battleships and not a single survivor made it.

Seldon
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
I think simply that when a new server start the system create a determinate number of spaces per player.
So, as the plan of the galaxy have to be a square 2x2...4x4...100x100 the exceeding places are concentrated in the middle of the plan, making themselves a square ...

But may be are the aliens :)

Tsagoth
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
The size of the center hostile space is based on the universe size, not the player count. Until you have enough skill points, sending ships in there is like moths flying into a blowtorch.

WhiteLion
07-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Skill points in what?

ChickenHawk07
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Skill points in what?

Go to the negotiations page and chick on your name and select details. When you scroll down it will tell you how many total skill points you have. Still have no clue how many you need though.

Skeith27
07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Interesting thing I noticed...the size of the hole in the center slowly shrinks as your skill points grows. I've been eating away at the corners and actually found a cool pair of planets that I occupied (not artifacts yet, mind you).

ChickenHawk07
07-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Interesting thing I noticed...the size of the hole in the center slowly shrinks as your skill points grows. I've been eating away at the corners and actually found a cool pair of planets that I occupied (not artifacts yet, mind you).

Really? I'll have to see if that is true in Ningal, though I don't believe so.

WhiteLion
07-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Been having a tough time penetrating the centre.

I thought maybe hyper physics and astrophysics would help if levelled up a bit more to help detect the different types of anomalies… doesn't seem like it does.

I'm going to try stealth on my ships and see if that does anything.