PDA

View Full Version : Homeworld shifted?

GeeWhiz
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
My home world moved to another planet in Irakalla? How is this possible? The little blue icon went from my original starting planet to a new planet? That means if I get attacked here I can lose? All my defense is at original starting planet.

I sent a bug report. Or does the little blue icon next to starting planet mean something different. I thought it meant it is the home world?

ravenzachary
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
The devs know about this and are working on a fix. It's because you too over a planet of a player who was assigned a home world, but hadn't logged in yet.

GeeWhiz
06-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the explanation. At first I saw the blue icon on my HW gone and thought I lost it already!

Royce
06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The devs know about this and are working on a fix. It's because you too over a planet of a player who was assigned a home world, but hadn't logged in yet.

That doesn't make sense though. For his homeworld to disappear, wouldn't that mean they originally assigned that homeworld to two players. I thought the issue you describe just meant you could lose colonies you took early in the game before other people joined not your homeworld.

GeeWhiz
06-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I thought if a player took a world belonging to someone else if would just look like a regular world. Not sure why the HW marker would move.

It is very weird.

Tsagoth
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't understand the HW marker moving either. I am suspicious that the client is perhaps getting confused by seeing multiple HW flags, and so displays the last one seen. I'll have to talk to Z about this, client mechanics are a mystery to me.

Royce
06-03-2012, 01:28 AM
My homeworld just moved as well, and I think I know what happened. I colonized a new juicy looking system, that I believe was meant to be a homeworld for a player who never joined. It's planet_60 and I think only homeworlds have numbers that low. Anyway, after colonizing, the next time I logged in, my newest colony had the homeworld marker.

For strategery's sake, I'd like to know which one I should treat as my hmeworld. I liked the previous location better :(

Edit: yeah and it started with 400Mu population.

VanderLegion
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Do both of them have the homeworld marker or just hte new one?

Royce
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Just the new one. I'm trying to quickly colonize the area in case it's a permanent shift. Then again, what happens if that player eventually joins? Would my homeworld shift back or would I be homeless?

Royce
06-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Okay scratch that. I just logged back in and now both have the homeworld symbol. I guess I have dual citizenship :D

Edit: in the planets list, only the new one does. In the map, both do now.

GeeWhiz
06-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Same for me - the map has it but list only new HW has the symbol.

I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. I was thinking I was crazy.

Royce
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
So, the bug report on this issue I submitted is now a closed ticket. I realize this won't be an issue anymore once homeworlds are hidden until needed, but if you guys are considering this a done deal, I wish you would at least answer the key questions here.

1. When the new hidden system is in place, will these planets vanish, or is that just going to be in place for future servers?

2. If the planets disappear, or a player joins and it becomes his homeworld, I suppose we will lose our entire investment in the system, which sucks but I can deal. However, will our homeworld switch back to the original? Will it count as losing our homeworld?

3. Which planet should I treat as my homeworld? If either one gets taken, do I risk being ousted from the game? If not both, which one?

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
The very first planet you started with is your homeworld. The client thing is a display issue only; your homeworld did not actually change.

1. The planets you have claimed will not vanish from current games. Only still unclaimed planets will vanish.

2. When the true owner claims his planet, yes you will lose your investment. It will not count as you losing your homeworld.

Royce
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for explaining :)

Spectro
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh, so that's what's happening... I have 10+ homeworlds in Burrows in that case. Definitely juicy targets as you have 400 Mu pop right away with 70k CO.

Royce
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Definitely juicy targets as you have 400 Mu pop right away with 70k CO.

Yes, but risky ones since they could be instantly lost if a player decides to join late for some reason. Personally I'm planning to transport all my ore collected at such planets to another, safer colony ;)

mischmi
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
What happens to orbitals defences ships at that planet? Will the original owner get that? because he doesnt have the tech.