PDA

View Full Version : Forum not working right!!!

2pourdrummer
06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
It started yesterday. I use firefox and when you try to start a new thread, you can't put anything in the title. The cursor won't focus on it. So of course, you can't post without a title. I'm using IE now to post but it still doesn't look right. I'm typing in the yellow/orange stripped background. I have no white background. The font part is all white and not functional.

Spectro
06-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Same here... used to work fine before...

Leedot
06-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's really bizarre - I'm running into those issues as well but Zark / Tsagoth don't get the issue even in Firefox. We normally wouldn't have touched it at this point but search was broken and the site kept reporting internal server errors all of a sudden despite not having touched the site in quite a while.

Royce
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
There are many visual issues, unreadable text, and hidden menus as well. I'm using mobile safari on iPad btw.

The mobile skin has no issues if you don't mind the super simplified view.

Tsagoth
06-02-2012, 07:38 PM
No, the forums are broken for me as well. I just don't get that tabbycat striping. Still very annoying.

SG7
06-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Private message title/subject is disabled. I cannot send a message because of it.

Royce
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Private message title/subject is disabled. I cannot send a message because of it.
Again, I know it's not ideal, but everything works if you switch to the mobile skin.

ChickenHawk07
06-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Mobile App for the forum. I use the Desktop version on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. In case you haven't hear about this particular bug, you can no longer click on the past forum you were in, ie: just Posted the history if the newest Server. And what It looks like is Forum ----> General Chat ----> History of the Server Names. I'd normally just click on General Chat to go back to that section of the forum and see if there were any new posts, however, it seems that those headers are no longer links. As in, you can't click on them.

Very strange, and very annoying.

Royce
06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Mobile App for the forum. I use the Desktop version on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.

I'm referring to the mobile skin for the website, not the app. If you come across something you can't do, you can switch from the Zarksoft style to the default mobile style in the corner of the screen, then switch back if you want. Just a temporary workaround kind of thing ;)

ChickenHawk07
06-03-2012, 01:00 AM
^ I don't know what you're talking about with the skin change. Is this a PC only thing?

VanderLegion
06-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Bottom left corner there's a dropdown list that says -- Zarksoft (if you're in the standard desktop forum). If you click on that, you can select --Default Mobile Style

Stille
06-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Change css.php:2884
line-height: 29;
to
line-height: 29px;

ChickenHawk07
06-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh wow, that'll take some getting used to...

Royce
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
The forum all of a sudden seems much better. Still a few issues like post preview and advanced search with black on black text, but much much better :)

zarkwizard
06-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Forums should be working better now. Ezra took care of the changes today and cleaned up most of the problems. If there is another else you encounter let us know.

Royce
06-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I still get what I believe is black text on a black background in a few places. The editor, topic review and post preview, after clicking go advanced, the advanced search interface, and some other random screens, like general account settings. Otherwise, it looks great. Thanks for the hard work.

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Forums should be working better now. Ezra took care of the changes today and cleaned up most of the problems. If there is another else you encounter let us know.

Much better! Thanks!

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 02:29 AM
I still get what I believe is black text on a black background in a few places. The editor, topic review and post preview, after clicking go advanced, the advanced search interface, and some other random screens, like general account settings. Otherwise, it looks great. Thanks for the hard work.

These should be working now as well.