PDA

View Full Version : ninsurhag

deeprlyeh
06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
How many servers can you lay on? I was signed up for ninsurhag and it is missing now. Or did that server crash?

Leedot
06-02-2012, 06:52 PM
You can play on as many servers as you want. If a game starts and you were not signed up for it you'll no longer see it in your server listing. Currently there's a bug that makes it very easy to unjoin a server because if you touch anywhere in the empty portion of the server listing it will toggle your join status. This bug has been fixed in the next client which will be going out to Apple for approval very soon.

paulyfunk
06-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Same for me, I had this happen before so I was extra careful to just join once. Just went to start playing, no new server... This is my secon time in a row not being able to join...

GeeWhiz
06-02-2012, 06:59 PM
I know I did not deselect I was extra careful with this happening again.

Leedot
06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Ok, Tsagoth is looking into it.

Tsagoth
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
The server failed to launch, but it is up now.

Unknown Entity
06-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Is Ninhursag down for maintenance or has it completely crashed now? Haven't been able to get into it for a couple of hours now.

BooDro82
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Same here..cannot login at all

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Same. Seems the server shows up but login fails every time.

Supamand
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I see server, it tries to log in, but after a minute it of login attempt, it disconnects me

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 01:20 PM
You too Supamand?

Ok good, I was worried it was only me... I was even more worried that by the time the login was fixed you'd have colonized our entire system. :p

I know what you're doing! (colony rush) :D

(and I'm probably screwed by now lol... oh well back to the tutorial server)

Supamand
06-03-2012, 02:50 PM
You too Supamand?

Ok good, I was worried it was only me... I was even more worried that by the time the login was fixed you'd have colonized our entire system. :p

I know what you're doing! (colony rush) :D

(and I'm probably screwed by now lol... oh well back to the tutorial server)

Lol nah, i'm actually trying different strategy on this server! I'm really trying to limit my desires colonising planets lol and will try to mostly do trade for income.. Heck I'm playing a scientist this round too. And besides this server consists of 36 galaxies!11 just a sheer though of micromanaging kills me lol.

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Last I checked you snapped up 2-3 galaxies that had multiple planets... I'm almost done scouting the entire quadrant. Using 3 drones.

Q. It seems you know the map well enough that you discovered the best galaxies in our quadrant. Mind letting me know how you scoured the map so quickly and made so many colonies so quickly?

p.s. I'm a scientist too.

paulyfunk
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm curious too, even with micromanaging, I can't think how one could zoom ahead that fast on less than 24 hours. Can't wait to log in and try to play catch up!

brenlen
06-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Last I checked you snapped up 2-3 galaxies that had multiple planets... I'm almost done scouting the entire quadrant. Using 3 drones.

Q. It seems you know the map well enough that you discovered the best galaxies in our quadrant. Mind letting me know how you scoured the map so quickly and made so many colonies so quickly?

Do you mean outposts have been set up on each planet on each of the solar systems? I don't know how this could be achieved in less than 24 hours. Crazy!

PS Ninsurhag come back to us.

Supamand
06-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Hmm I think you got it wrong. On Ningal server I only have stuff in one galaxy. I think I have 2 outposts do far. Well one of the fixes that really did limit a land rush was the fix on unit count -- you can't go into negatives anymore. I think after they hide other players planets, it will be very hard to land rush and will add the stability that many players are looking for.

Also on this server it looks like I've been purposely located at disadvantage, because the closest planets to my home base are 10+ sectors away 0.o

Going back to scouting. I'm using 5 drones because the galaxy is 25x25 so you could just go in circles with the 5 set and have a minim time loss. Also i tried doing it with more than 5 drones and it's becoming rather difficult to manage.

Well hope they will fix the servers soon.

PS: Lee stop tripping over the server power cable! And Zark, server is not a lunch table dude! :D

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Also on this server it looks like I've been purposely located at disadvantage, because the closest planets to my home base are 10+ sectors away 0.o

PS: Lee stop tripping over the server power cable! And Zark, server is not a lunch table dude! :D

My fault, I forgot to set the watchdog. When you join a new game, the server picks a home world that is (on average) the farthest away from any other homeworld.

Supamand
06-03-2012, 09:45 PM

My fault, I forgot to set the watchdog. When you join a new game, the server picks a home world that is (on average) the farthest away from any other homeworld.

Well other home worlds are far away, mine is far away from even non home world sectors lol
I bet in next game you will place me in middle of completely empty galaxy surrounded by black holes and aliens 0.o

Supamand
06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Looks like we had a 10 hour push back. I actually love it, good call guys!

RoCoJo
06-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Could login yesterday evening for a couple of minutes (but got logged of several times)

This morning once again: The system was unable to maintain a connection.....

I really do hope that you guys get is stable cause this way you are losing it :(

Unknown Entity
06-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Ninhursag seems to have dropped again. Connection impossible. Waiting patiently.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Ninhursag has returned to service.

Supamand
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Ninhursag has returned to service.

Do you guys sleep?

JetJaguar2000
06-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Are you saying that home world locations are messed up on this server because some flag wasn't set?

I've already given up on Ninsurhag. My home world spawned in one of the absolute corners of the universe, which I thought would be cool, but there are no other systems within 10 sectors, and the first ones I've found are already claimed by players with home systems right near them. I'm not a trader, so there is almost no point in continuing.

Supamand
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Are you saying that home world locations are messed up on this server because some flag wasn't set?

I've already given up on Ninsurhag. My home world spawned in one of the absolute corners of the universe, which I thought would be cool, but there are no other systems within 10 sectors, and the first ones I've found are already claimed by players with home systems right near them. I'm not a trader, so there is almost no point in continuing.

Haha I have the same thing :D
I'm not a trader ether but still going for it ;)

Unknown Entity
06-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Perhaps this will be resolver as new servers fill with greater quantities of players...time and patience...and bug squashing.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM

No. The homeworld squares are picked at random around the universe before any planets are spawned. There are some restrictions on location, like an HW can't be placed in an empty space square, or a black hole, etc. Their locations remain fixed throughout the game. When a player joins a game the free HW sector list is scanned and the sector which has the highest avg distance from all other players is selected and assigned to the joining player. Players were irked in beta when they occasionally started right next to somebody, so we tried to space people out more. It is still possible to get a starting position that is terrible. It is also possible to get a starter system that has 5 Terrans, although it is pretty rare.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you guys sleep?

Not much. A little more than launch weekend, but not a lot.

zarkwizard
06-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Do you guys sleep?

It's overrated. :)